IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replaygain for multiple CDs, It's really slow going directory by...
KripXP
post Jun 19 2003, 22:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6471

Hi all! I've been encoding all my music with mpc and right now, I have to replaygain all the CDs. I use EAC for ripping and MPC batch encoder for replaygain them but it's really slow cos I've to go directory by directory. I was wondering if exists a program to replaygain each directory individualy as a batch or something like that...

Thanx
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jan S.
post Jun 19 2003, 22:52
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21

You could use case sweep tool together with replaygain.exe. If your files are tagged you can use foobar and "scan by album-tag".

How to use sweep with replaygain look at the last replies... there are instructions.
+Quote Post
R.A.F.
post Jun 20 2003, 00:00
Post #3

Member No.: 2924

If you really use MPC-Batch-Encoder of the latest version, then you should have seen that there´s an option named "Include subdirectories". If you check this option and put all album-directories in one main folder, the replaygaining will be done all in one step.
But be aware! The replaygain-function of the MPC-Batch-Encoder does not calculate the album-gain values properly, as it "sees" all albums, which have to be to gain, just as one single. To avoid this, you better use replaygain with sweep (as Jan S. already recommended). If you are no fan of commandline-tools you also can try with Madah´s Frontah or Max Bureck´s UniversalFront . With all three you will get lucky. "Sweep" has the advantage, that you see all the time, how far the gaining-process already is.

--------------------
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5
+Quote Post
KripXP
post Jun 21 2003, 12:19
Post #4

Member No.: 6471

Thanx guys!! I didn't know anything about sweep but it's a really good program wink.gif.

Byez.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2014 - 11:36