IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
CUERipper File Naming and Templates
quick-sand
post May 9 2014, 11:46
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 2
Joined: 11-March 13
Member No.: 107162



I have been using CUERipper for some time to rip classical music CDs where I want a single file with an embedded cue - FB2K handles this just fine. However, my attempts to rip to multiple tracks using a template to manage file names have failed.

Trying to use a very simple template such as %album%\%tracknumber% - %title% only the %album% element is resolved and my track info is not.

If I click on a track number in the track list, the variables defined seem to be Number, Title and Artist. Can anyone suggest why these are not being used. It looks as if the album and track info is coming from freedb.

I know I can rip to a single file and then use CUETools to split, but I would prefer to rip in a single step.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
korth
post May 9 2014, 14:29
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 416
Joined: 13-March 11
Member No.: 88969



The Output path template doesn't set naming of individual audio tracks. The naming template for individual tracks is set in Options -> Extractions -> Track filename. Default is set to %tracknumber%. %title%

Example simple output path template: %music%\%album%\%artist% - %album%.cue
Example individual track filename template: %tracknumber% - %title%

By default in CUERipper, the variables used to name the CUE file in the output path template become the base %filename% used to name other files such as the LOG, M3U, accurip, and image (single audio file). So even if you don't need the CUE file, defining it is an important part of the output path template.

This post has been edited by korth: May 9 2014, 15:24


--------------------
korth
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
quick-sand
post May 9 2014, 20:06
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 2
Joined: 11-March 13
Member No.: 107162



Thanks Korth for pointing me in the right direction. My individual tracks are now correctly named and the .cue, .log and .accurip files are also named as I wish. However..... the .cue file itself will not work in FB2K.

This is what the .cue file looks like....

REM DISCID 860B1009
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Carlo Curley Live!"
REM COMMENT "Recorded at Royal Festival Hall, London"
FILE "01 - Sinfonia from Cantata No. 29.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Sinfonia from Cantata No. 29"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Trio Sonata in G - Vivace"
INDEX 00 04:26:28
FILE "02 - Trio Sonata in G - Vivace.flac" WAVE
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 03 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Chant Heroique"
INDEX 00 03:36:70
FILE "03 - Chant Heroique.flac" WAVE
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 04 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - I Allegro"
INDEX 00 03:03:50
FILE "04 - Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - I Allegro.flac" WAVE
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "05 - Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - II Adagio.flac" WAVE
TRACK 05 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - II Adagio"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "06 - Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - III Intermezzo_ Allegro.flac" WAVE
TRACK 06 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - III Intermezzo: Allegro"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "07 - Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - IV Cantabile.flac" WAVE
TRACK 07 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - IV Cantabile"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "08 - Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - V Finale, Vivace.flac" WAVE
TRACK 08 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Symphony No. 6 in G minor, Op. 42, No. 2 - V Finale, Vivace"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 09 AUDIO
PERFORMER "Carlo Curley"
TITLE "Marche Militaire, Op. 60"
INDEX 00 05:44:58
FILE "09 - Marche Militaire, Op. 60.flac" WAVE
INDEX 01 00:00:00


I did try to post an image of this and also of the folder entries but cannot do so.

Since reading your reply, I have ripped two CDs and both .cue files behave in the same way. If I rip to a single .flac (or .mp3) the .cue file will play in FB2K.

I seem to be back where I started - using CUERipper to generate the .flac files and then using CUETools to generate the .cue file.

I'm getting very confused!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
korth
post May 9 2014, 22:34
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 416
Joined: 13-March 11
Member No.: 88969



foobar2000 won't load Noncompliant (multiple files with gaps) CUE sheets. The lines that contain INDEX 00 are the problem in the example you posted. You could turn off Options -> Extractions -> Detect Indexes in CUERipper but I'd suggest using a playlist in foobar2000.

This post has been edited by korth: May 9 2014, 22:46


--------------------
korth
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 21:59