IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC: Every CD produces error “Missing samples” at last track, [was “EAC troubles”/TOS #6]
Dale.
post Apr 24 2014, 06:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 115720

Hey everyone,

I'm what you could call an entry-level audiophile. I don't have or know anything about advanced audio equipment or sound files and compression etc etc, but I do know that you really should get your CDs imported in the highest quality possible and without errors for the best listening. I mainly use my smartphone and my Bose IE2 headphones when I listen to music. I used to use iTunes so import my discs and I used the ALAC codec. But now I have a different phone and I'm using MusicBee to load FLAC files onto it. Most of this stuff is totally over my head now. I used a tutorial I found to set up EAC and I've been using it for a bit but...

Every disc I import has the same problem. The final track is the only one with anything wrong in the status report. Every time, the last track will say "Missing Samples" and I assume this is why my status report is always saying "There were errors" even though it won't even let me find where the errors are. I assume it's just a glitch and there are no errors, because it happens every time.

I'm using Windows Vista, and EAC is in Secure mode with C2 turned off and "Accurate Stream" and data caching turned on. I'm using an external CD drive because the one in my laptop is pooched. The drive is a HP DVD Writer 600r PH21 - No idea what 600r and PH21 are even supposed to mean huh.gif

Can anyone tell me why it wants to say there are missing samples on the last track every time? That can't be right, right? Is it fine and I'm just paranoid?

Also, when I eject a disc and put in another EAC will always say no disc found. It's no big deal as I just close and reopen EAC and it works, but it is kind of tedious. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be on account of the external drive just being crappy?

Many many thanks to anyone who can try to help. And sorry for the essay of a post laugh.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
A_Man_Eating_Duc...
post Apr 24 2014, 09:31
Post #2

Member No.: 705

Is Overread into lead-in and lead-out enabled? If so disable it.

EAC Menu > Drive options > Offset / Speed

--------------------
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.
+Quote Post
Dale.
post Apr 25 2014, 05:38
Post #3

Just got a chance to check, it was already disabled. It must be something else.
+Quote Post
fluzzknock
post Apr 25 2014, 16:44
Post #4

Member No.: 115570

Do you have "fill up missing offset samples with silence" enabled? If not, enable it. If it is enabled, try disabling it and enabling "overread into lead-in and lead-out."
+Quote Post
Dale.
post Apr 27 2014, 05:54
Post #5

I enabled 'fill up missing offset samples with silence" and that seemed to do the trick. I ripped an old CD and then a brand new CD that I purchased today and both reported no errors, so I think the problem is solved. Thanks very much to both of you, you're great!

Also, thanks to whoever renamed the thread. 'EAC Troubles' is definitely the lazy way to put it!

That's all I've got for now. Thanks again.
+Quote Post
Aleron Ives
post May 25 2014, 01:16
Post #6

Member No.: 79208

I also wanted to add my thanks for this solution. I was getting sync errors on the last track my CDs, and disabling the option to overread into the lead-in and lead-out fixed it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 21:16