IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Best sub-$50 IEM headphones?, At least anything certifiably better than Sharp HPMD33S/Creative EP630
moozooh
post Apr 12 2014, 18:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17192

Hi there.

A while ago, something like ten to twelve years maybe (man, I've been here for some time...), the Sharp HP-MD33-S were considered to be some of the most balanced IEMs under 50$. They were later cloned a number of times as far as I'm aware, one of the allegedly confirmed clones were the Creative EP630.

Personally I've owned both models over these ten years, and they have served me well. But if there's perhaps anything better in this price category, I would be willing to give it a shot. By better I mean with flatter frequency response, crisper highs, wider stereo image, better outside noise insulation, and the like.

I'll be using them with a rockboxed and hardmodded iriver H320 and very high quality lossy and/or lossless music. Non-IEM phones won't be considered at the time; I have plenty of spare overhead phones.

I'll appreciate any advice, but it would be even better if you could link to some kind of comparison tests or something to that extent.

(I've also owned the way more expensive Shure E3c, and found them rather horrible for DAP purposes, regardless of the their poorly thought-out construction that makes the bud come off in the ear canal all the damn time.)

--------------------
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
moozooh
post Apr 16 2014, 12:47
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17192

Well, this time I'm willing to pay $40-50 for qualities that can't be met at lower price points; otherwise I would just get another pair of trusted Creative EP630 for about $12 (still remember the time when they cost about $40!).

Meanwhile, based on the options I'm presented with, I'll likely be going with VSonic VC02. They have pretty much everything I want: clear and neutrally-balanced sound, wide soundstage, L-shaped plug and slim housing for deep insertion that I prefer.

--------------------
Infrasonic Quartet + Sennheiser HD650 + Microlab Solo 2 mk3. 
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 11:24