IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sound won't flow into Vinyl recording software, Problem with sony soundforge 9...maybe?
jepstr67
post Mar 11 2014, 02:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 114920

Hi all, I hope you can help me. I'm just a guy with a mission to make all my old vinyl into digital files. It has been a long frustrating process to this point but now I'm really stumped.

I bought a DAK pre-amp to go with my old turntable.
I discovered my old turntable no longer worked.
Bought Sony USB turntable PS-LX300USB....It came with Sony Soundforge 9.0 editing software.
I hooked it up and it worked, but there was this garbled background noise all of the time.
Turns out, the USB wire was acting as an antenna and picking up the local radio station well enough to hear the weather report on my recordings!
I tried grounding everything and using shielded USB cables, but no luck.

SO....today I wired the turntable through my DAK pre-amp/mixer to my sound card. I (finally) found all the settings so I get sound from the turntable, through the pre-amp, to the sound card, and out of the computer speakers on the monitor.

Now, here's the catch. When I fire up Soundforge, like I did before when it worked with the USB, and click record vinyl record, no sound registers on the level indicators. I can make the sound louder and softer with everything from the pre-amp/mixer to any volume setting device on the computer but Soundforge won't find my audio input.

Is (can, is it even possible) the sound is staying in the sound card and not interacting with the computer software or what?

I hope you people have an answer!

Thank you all in advance.

Todd
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 16:34