Reply to this topicStart new topic
The right headphone for me
Tom p
post Dec 1 2013, 00:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 112779

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a headphone, my budget is around 250 euro.
I mainly listen to drum and bass/liquid, but i also enjoy listening to commercial music. So it has to have a good bass, but not to extreme. I use it for a lot, tv, ipod, on my bike, when I'm in the car but not driving,... A decent bit of noise canceling would be nice. It also has to be resistant against rain when it's raining and i'm on my bike. Oh one more requirement: it absolutely has to be an 'arround ear headphone'!

I also have a few questions:
-If I buy a wireless headphone, will I be able to listen to my ipod nano (5th gen)? Because it doesn't have bluetooth/wifi...
-How big are the transmitters for a wireless headphone? Because I don't want to put a big transmitter i'm on my bike.

I did a bit of research but i'm a total layman in the field of headphones

Sorry for the bad english and thanks in advance,
Tom

This post has been edited by Tom p: Dec 1 2013, 00:45
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Dec 3 2013, 02:10
Post #2

Member No.: 46454

I can't recommend a particular headphone, but if you search this forum you can find some recommendations.

You'll can find some excellent-sounding headphones in your price range.

If you are concerned about sound quality I always recommend that you go to a store and listen... You'll learn a lot more by listening to headphones than by listening to advice. It's also helpful to judge the comfort for yourself. Opinions & preferences vary, and the specs/measurements for speakers and headphones are often useless.

I don't know anything about bluetooth transmitters. Sennheiser makes some nice wireless headphones, but most of them are not bluetooth and I think the transmitter is really made for home use. (i.e. The headphone has a battery, but the transmitter plugs into wall power).

A decent bit of noise canceling would be nice.
You probably just need a reguar "sealed" or "closed" headphone that blocks-out noise. There are "open" headphones that you can hear through. (There are also some "semi-open" models.)

Active noise canceling headphones have microphones that pick-up ambient sounds and inject an out-of phase signal into the headphone electronics to cancel-out the noise acoustically. That's one of those things you might want to try-out before making a puchasing decision.

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Dec 3 2013, 02:14
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Dec 3 2013, 08:35
Post #3

Member No.: 46454

P.S.
Noise isolation on a bicycle seems dangerous! Even noise-masking with moderately loud music and hear-through headphones seems a bit dangerous.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 23:54