IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
EAC vs RubyRipper/CD Paranoia etc..., Is there a native linux CD ripper exactly as capable as EAC
db579
post Nov 14 2013, 14:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93077

I use Ubuntu on my main home computer and have so far always used EAC running on wine. Having just installed the latest version, I was wondering once again whether any of the native linux rippers like RubyRipper have caught up yet. I realise there are hundreds of similar threads already out there but the vast majority of them do seem a few years old now and, well software does tend to improve over time...

So my question is does any native linux ripper provide exactly the same level of accuracy regardless of hardware as EAC does including AccurateRip etc... as of end 2013?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
edwardar
post Nov 14 2013, 17:45
Post #2

Member No.: 15139

I also use ubuntu (Lubuntu) and have looked into the same thing myself over the last couple of weeks.

I think morituri has all the features I'd want. It's command-line driven, but pretty straightforward to use once set up. Unfortunately it freezes at 99% completion for me.
Rubyripper is more similar to EAC (ie it has a GUI), but I had also had problems with that (can't remember what exactly).
I then tried EAC in WINE and it's flawless, so I guess that's what I'll stick with for now. I understand that CUERipper works fine with winetricks, so I may try that soon (it's my preferred tool in windows).
+Quote Post
julf
post Nov 14 2013, 19:53
Post #3

Member No.: 96426

QUOTE (edwardar @ Nov 14 2013, 17:45) *
I think morituri has all the features I'd want. It's command-line driven, but pretty straightforward to use once set up. Unfortunately it freezes at 99% completion for me.

Strange - I have been using morituri on Ubuntu, and it works great.
+Quote Post
edwardar
post Nov 14 2013, 21:08
Post #4

Member No.: 15139

QUOTE (julf @ Nov 14 2013, 18:53) *
QUOTE (edwardar @ Nov 14 2013, 17:45) *

Strange - I have been using morituri on Ubuntu, and it works great.

I'll try it again soon, it looks great but it froze the whole OS (tried it three times), so quite inconvenient to test. Perhaps I'll try swapping my Plextor PX130A for another drive.

This post has been edited by edwardar: Nov 14 2013, 21:08
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 10:30