Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Batch split/convert multiple CDs, [moved from General Audio/TOS #6]
sorenb
post Sep 14 2013, 18:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76157

A classical CD Box containing 50 cds.
I am trying to convert from APE image into tracks in FLAC.
Each CD has a cue and a ape image.
The information in the cue files are rather limited, only track title and artist is mentioned which is actually the composer in most but not all instances.
When I run CUETools in batch mode, it fills the tags from various sources, how can I force CUETools to select the same tag source each time?

Some of the CDs has one Tag source instance and some up to five different tag source instances; I guess CUETools select the first available...but that way I end up having a mix of information that is neither completly wrong or right...just a mess ...

I can of course do it manually for each CD but that seems cumbersome ;-)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
korth
post Sep 14 2013, 23:28
Post #2

Member No.: 88969

CUETools really doesn't have a way to force the same metadata source each time in batch modes. You can limit what is retrieved however.

CUETools Advanced Settings: Advanced tab under 'CTDB' you can set 'Metadata search' to 'Fast'. This will limit results to the TOC of the CD.

In v2.1.4 (on the main GUI) you can deselect either 'MusicBrainz/Discogs' or 'Freedb' in the Mode section. The option to deselect one or the other appears to have been removed from v2.1.5.

--------------------
korth
+Quote Post
sorenb
post Sep 17 2013, 23:42
Post #3

Member No.: 76157

QUOTE (korth @ Sep 15 2013, 00:28) *
CUETools really doesn't have a way to force the same metadata source each time in batch modes. You can limit what is retrieved however.

CUETools Advanced Settings: Advanced tab under 'CTDB' you can set 'Metadata search' to 'Fast'. This will limit results to the TOC of the CD.

In v2.1.4 (on the main GUI) you can deselect either 'MusicBrainz/Discogs' or 'Freedb' in the Mode section. The option to deselect one or the other appears to have been removed from v2.1.5.

Thanks a bunch for your help.
Having only the TOC doesn't help me that much.

Seems that usually get two entries from MusicBrainz; one that is 'right' for the single CD release, and one which is right for the box release.
So I guess the only way of getting this right in a batch-kind of way would be to download the MusicBrainz DB, extract the info and use MP3Tag to distribute the meta data to the files? seems to be even more labour requiring than just manually going through the 50 cds and pick the right one each time ;-)

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this in an easier way?
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Sep 18 2013, 03:18
Post #4

Member No.: 19379

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 06:16