IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Streaming from Home, Small Radio Station (on Windows PC)
Makaki
post Sep 13 2013, 05:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108227

More of an exercise than an actual project. I've always liked playing with codecs. In the past, I used Windows Media Encoder 9 to set up wma streams of local radio stations. I would connect a radio to my computer via the line-in jack.

That was quite easy to do and was good enough for about 5 users. That was the default software limit on the encoder. There was a way to change the registry and get more, but that was not too far from the practical limit of my upstream bandwidth too. In the end I think I went up to ten.

Later I've used the Expression Encoder 4 to do some trans-coding stuff, again just as an exercise. I never really used it for streaming, but seems the option is there.

Those tools are quite easy to install and use. I've tried to do the same with opus, and I'm having a difficult time. More so if I want to try with opus 1.1. I tried the winamp, shoutcast/icecast approach. But didn't get very far. At least that approach seems to require a few separate components and a good understanding of each.

So here are the questions:
1) Is there 1 program for windows that can handle both the capture and the streaming itself for opus. Similar to the Microsoft products mentioned above?
2) Is there a "good" tutorial on how to create the stream using the winamp approach?
3) What if I want to try with opus 1.1?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 23:05