Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Split DTS using .cue file
mbagshaw
post Jul 9 2013, 09:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109026

I am trying to split two files containing DTS 5.1 audio using .cue files with Medieval CUE Splitter v1.2, but I get a message "Source file audio format (dts) currently is not supported by CUE Splitter". When I originally received the files they had a .bin extension, which resulted in a similar message which told me "format (bin) currently is not supported", so I changed the extension to .dts but, as I say, that didn't work either. I also changed the FILE definition in the .cue file to point to the correct file names, and I also tried both a BIN and WAVE parameter on the end of the FILE definition, but no combination of these things seems to work. I also tried to load these .cue files into FOOBAR2000, but got a string of messages for each of the tracks that looked like this:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\George Benson - Absolutely Live (5.1 DTS) (DVD audio rip)\Absolutely Live (CD-1).cue" / index: 1

Mysteriously, both of the media files play in VLC Player with either a .bin or .dts extension, but I can't see any way of pointing VLC player at the .cue file.

Is there something I am doing wrong? According to the documentation for Medieval CUE Splitter it can split DTS files.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
greynol
post Jul 9 2013, 18:16
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

1) In so far as what they have to do with audio cue sheets are intended for two-channel, 16-bit, 44.1kHz.

2) Having no regard for the accurate preservation of data, Medieval CUE Splitter is a piece of shit.

--------------------
Placebophiles: put up or shut up!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 15:40