IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

[DOUBLE POST] Help me understand some of the tagging functions!, Specifically, Rewrite File Tags; Reload info from files
shortdude123
post Jul 2 2013, 02:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68014

Rewrite File Tags; Reload info from files

So in what instance would one use these options? When I modify the tags using foobar, does it not automatically update the files? Similarly, if I edit tags using another app, does it not automatically update in foobar?

Much appreciated.

This post has been edited by shortdude123: Jul 2 2013, 02:27
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
db1989
post Jul 3 2013, 11:26
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

Was something wrong with my answer to your first round of these questions?

But to elaborate for posterity:
When I modify the tags using foobar, does it not automatically update the files?
It does. The option to rewrite is for when you have changed the tagging scheme, as I said before—or, perhaps, when you have some other reason to want to delete the existing tag(s) and rebuild it/them.

Similarly, if I edit tags using another app, does it not automatically update in foobar?
The question is too vague. Update where? Normal playlists do not update automatically. The option to reload metadata is ideal for this purpose, as I said before. And to add: the Media Library should notice changes to metadata of files that it is monitoring/indexing and reflect these (if it is set to display that information), and, intuitively, autoplaylists should update automatically too.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 00:03