IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Create track list with times and file header
SiUK
post Jun 18 2013, 14:04
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 4
Joined: 18-June 13
Member No.: 108711



Hi, first post here.

After hundreds of years (well a lot) using WinAMP I dumped it last year and started using Fb2k exclusively. Can't believe I never switched sooner, although I get stuck in my ways so...

Anyhow, I am currently using EAC to rip my CDs to flac (always used EAC and haven't got any intention of changing that because the process is accurate and quick...and easy and familiar). However, after ripping a lot of albums I realised I'd forgotten to export the blasted db for each cd as a text file in EAC (something I like to do). This produces a text file with the cd title containing a track listing and the play time of each track next to it. Eg.

CODE
CD: Angélique Kidjo - Ayé

01. Agolo    [0:04:49.37]
02. Adouma    [0:04:28.38]
03. Azan Nan Kpé    [0:04:10.50]
04. Tatchédogbé    [0:04:21.00]
05. Djan - Djan    [0:04:11.25]
06. Lon Lon Vadjro    [0:05:09.30]
07. Houngbati    [0:04:44.07]
08. Idjé - Idjé    [0:05:48.63]
09. Yemandja    [0:04:14.12]
10. Tombo    [0:04:54.38]



I didn't want to have to go through every single CD again and insert it into the drive, so I am loading the ripped albums into Fb2k using the playlist automatically produced by EAC when ripping to albums flac. I have installed a component called text tools and configured it to copy track listings with times like so:

CODE
[%tracknumber%. ]%title%$tab() '['%length_ex%']'



Now from the right-click context menu in Fb2K I can choose my custom Text Tools copy command and then paste into a new text file which produces this:

CODE
01. Summertime     [3:32.520]
02. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)     [3:51.960]
03. Agolo     [4:48.013]
04. Fifa     [3:59.200]
05. Batonga     [4:34.320]
06. Wombo Lombo     [4:13.547]
07. Malaïka     [4:13.973]
08. Open Your Eyes (feat. Kelly Price)     [4:30.453]
09. The Sound of the Drums     [4:58.360]
10. Adouma     [4:27.813]
11. Naïma (feat. Carlos Santana)     [4:29.333]
12. Tourner la page     [2:54.667]
13. Babalao     [4:28.840]
14. Agossi     [4:01.427]
15. Idjé Idjé     [5:06.627]
16. Tombo     [3:58.533]
17. Wé Wé     [4:07.293]
18. Sénié     [1:51.320]


This is 'okay' but I'd prefer to have the artist and title of the cd above the track listing as with the EAC text files. Is there any addon to Fb2K that can allow me to do this? It would be even better to be able to export to a text file rather than have to create a text file manually and then copy and paste details...which is a bit laborious to say the least.

Thanks.

Si
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
 
Start new topic
Replies
Kohlrabi
post Jun 18 2013, 15:40
Post #2





Group: Super Moderator
Posts: 1146
Joined: 12-March 05
From: Kiel, Germany
Member No.: 20561



You cannot easily extract the track length from Windows cmd, but crawling through all directories and putting out all files is trivial. Assuming %artist%\%album%\%tracks% structure:
CODE
for /D %a in (*) do echo ******* >> tracks.out && echo %a >> tracks.out && echo ******* >> tracks.out&& for /D %b in ("%a"/*) do echo ------- >> tracks.out && echo %b >> tracks.out && echo ------- >> tracks.out && for %c in ("%a"/"%b"/*.flac) do echo %~nc >> tracks.out

Sample output:
CODE
*******
A Perfect Circle
*******
-------
2000 - 3 Libras
-------
01 - 3 Libras
02 - Magdalena (Live)
03 - 3 Libras (Remix)
04 - Judith (Live)
05 - 3 Libras (Live)
-------
2000 - Mer De Noms
-------
01 - The Hollow
02 - Magdalena
03 - Rose
04 - Judith
05 - Orestes
06 - 3 Libras
07 - Sleeping Beauty
08 - Thomas
09 - Renhold‰r
10 - Thinking of You
11 - Bre¤a
12 - Over


I just noticed that apparently cmd redirection fails miserably on Unicode strings. sad.gif

EDIT: Even starting a cmd with /U does print garbage to the file, just 2 bytes long. I guess redirection of Unicode in Win7 cmd is somehow broken.

EDIT 2: Windows Powershell has no such bugs:
CODE
dir * |% {$artist=$_; $artist.basename >> output.txt; dir $artist} |% {$album=$_; "`t"+$album.basename >> output.txt; dir $artist\$album\*.flac} |% {$track=$_; "`t`t"+$track.basename >> output.txt }

Sample output:
CODE
A Perfect Circle
2000 - 3 Libras
01 - 3 Libras
02 - Magdalena (Live)
03 - 3 Libras (Remix)
04 - Judith (Live)
05 - 3 Libras (Live)
2000 - Mer De Noms
01 - The Hollow
02 - Magdalena
03 - Rose
04 - Judith
05 - Orestes
06 - 3 Libras
07 - Sleeping Beauty
08 - Thomas
09 - Renholdër
10 - Thinking of You
11 - Breña
12 - Over
2003 - Thirteenth Step
01 - The Package
02 - Weak and Powerless
03 - The Noose
04 - Blue
05 - Vanishing
06 - A Stranger
07 - The Outsider
08 - Crimes
09 - The Nurse who Loved Me
10 - Pet
11 - Lullaby
12 - Gravity


This post has been edited by Kohlrabi: Jun 18 2013, 17:08


--------------------
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 16:25