IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
embed live captions/transcription as part of mp3 file?, I'm looking for the best way to stream text with an audio file.
owntheweb
post Jun 4 2013, 22:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 108489

Dream:
Play an audio file and see the text that goes with displayed as the audio is played in real-time.

The text captions/transcript would be prepared in advance of course. I'm curious how I could merge this information to play alright in any mp3 player that doesn't support this with extra perks if the player does support this feature (even a custom made player).

Am I right that I need to look more into ID3v2 as a starting point? Do I need to think about creating a separate file or keeping this separate (and if so is there a standard format to start from)? Is it possible to merge something like this into an mp3 file or is this dream just silly?

Thanks for taking a look! biggrin.gif

EDIT:
After digging more, I'm finding patent information on this or a similar concept (really?):
http://www.google.com/patents/WO2000041175A1?cl=en

That brings up the question: Should I even try...

This post has been edited by owntheweb: Jun 4 2013, 22:24
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Jun 5 2013, 00:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46454

There is an ID3 tag named SYLT for "synchronized lyrics". You need to find an MP3 player (or plug-in ) that supports it.

There is a lyric plug-in for foobar2000. (I have not tried it.)

I believe MiniLyrics ($10 - $25 USD) can create the ID3 tags and it works with most software players. It has an editor for adding text/lyrics and time stamps, or you can create an LRC file with Notepad, and then MiniLyrics can take the information from the LRC file and add the time-stamped text to your MP3 file.

I use MiniLyrics with Winamp, but I have separate LRC files, instead of embedded lyrics. MiniLyrics works with most media player software. (I paid for MiniLyrics because they have a database with lyrics for about half my song library. Since you apparently don't want the lyrics database, you can probably find a free solution.)

This post has been edited by DVDdoug: Jun 5 2013, 00:26
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2014 - 22:06