IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Looking to get headphones, i need advice on which one is better
Hydralisk86
post Apr 17 2013, 19:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107714

So i am getting a headphones, but i don't know much about technology, so i need some help deciding which one to get. Here are 2 i am looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Profess..._pr_product_top

and

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M...io+Technica+M50

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DonP
post Apr 17 2013, 19:52
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 4955

I don't know the AT. The Sonys are all over. Most folks at the local NPR station, including me, use them for studio recording, editing, etc. (Classical, jazz, and folk)

If I lost mine, I'd get the same or the V6. Substantially the same but cheaper, I think the difference is just a shared ground in the cord.
+Quote Post
Hydralisk86
post Apr 17 2013, 20:20
Post #3

Member No.: 107714

QUOTE (DonP @ Apr 17 2013, 11:52) *
I don't know the AT. The Sonys are all over. Most folks at the local NPR station, including me, use them for studio recording, editing, etc. (Classical, jazz, and folk)

If I lost mine, I'd get the same or the V6. Substantially the same but cheaper, I think the difference is just a shared ground in the cord.

So since you use the Sonys for studio recording, editting, and other stuff, doesn't that make them better than the Audio Technica i posted ? And what do you mean by shared ground in the cord?

This post has been edited by Hydralisk86: Apr 17 2013, 20:21
+Quote Post
Barr
post May 13 2013, 21:22
Post #4

Member No.: 108107

QUOTE (Hydralisk86 @ Apr 17 2013, 20:20) *
since you use the Sonys for studio recording, editting, and other stuff, doesn't that make them better than the Audio Technica i posted ?

Not better, simply well suited for task where a neutral frequency response is required to produce a balanced mix. I use a pair of the Sonys for that purpose and although I don't consider them completely flat they are pretty close.

On the other hand for regular listening you might prefer something that for example places emphasis on the bass and low mids. This is a completely different proposition, which is why it is a very good idea to try out as many different headphones as you can preferably keeping an open mind.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 01:20