Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
minidsp censorship?
Paul_ 2012
post Apr 12 2013, 02:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100448

The manufacturers of the umik-1 usb microphone, distributed by Hong Kong based minidsp are having calibration problems. Customers that have bought it or have it on order are discussing their dissatisfaction on the minidsp forum. An annoyed customer wanting more updates was ridiculed by a somewhat out of proportion reply. Smelling a rat I supported the first comment and went on to say ‘’I think a concerned customer has every right to call for timely updates, in fact I would go further to say the product should be withdrawn from sale until all the problems have been rectified. The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .
I have not been able to log in since.

The title should be minidsp

This post has been edited by Paul_ 2012: Apr 12 2013, 02:10
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
andrew_berge
post Apr 12 2013, 03:23
Post #2

Member No.: 75012

QUOTE (Paul_ 2012 @ Apr 11 2013, 21:08) *
The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .

I bet that quote is what got you banned. They own the forum, and you sort of accused them of a crime.
I don't think using the word "probably" helped, either. If you're not sure of something, tread lightly.

That said, i don't know the whole story, so this post could be completely wrong.
+Quote Post
Paul_ 2012
post Apr 12 2013, 04:09
Post #3

Member No.: 100448

QUOTE (andrew_berge @ Apr 12 2013, 04:23) *
QUOTE (Paul_ 2012 @ Apr 11 2013, 21:08) *
The only reason that they are allowed to continue selling a non-working product is that mimidsp are internet based company in HongKong. If they were based in the USA or Europe they would probably be breaking the law’’ .

I bet that quote is what got you banned. They own the forum, and you sort of accused them of a crime.
I don't think using the word "probably" helped, either. If you're not sure of something, tread lightly.

That said, i don't know the whole story, so this post could be completely wrong.

You're 'probably' correct, I wanted to bring some attention to the minidsp.com forum so those considering buying that microphone to postpone it until the problem is solved
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 11:40