IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
HDCD crackling
Forgisound
post Mar 31 2013, 08:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104250

Hello,
As fronted uses powerful HTPC with Lynx AES16 sound card, which is through the AES / EBU connection is connected to the Berkeley Alpha DAC.
When playing HDCD files via Foobar2000 hear a crackling strong, mostly in complex tones with loud bass.
The cracking was equally when using ASIO or WASAPI driver.
When the setup WASAPI turn dihter (thus excluding reading HDCD), the crackling disappears.
When using JRiver Media Center software, no crackling, but Foobar me playing a little bit better, so I would like to continue using it.
Please developers Foobar2000 and HDCD components to repair the bug.
Best Regards,
Ivan
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Forgisound
post Apr 1 2013, 06:48
Post #2

Edit: I am using Windows 8.

This post has been edited by Forgisound: Apr 1 2013, 06:49
+Quote Post
kode54
post Apr 2 2013, 01:14
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

The HDCD component is only for decoding the HDCD data in software. If you want to play it directly to a hardware decoder, you need to remove the HDCD component.
+Quote Post
Forgisound
post Apr 2 2013, 08:28
Post #4

QUOTE (kode54 @ Apr 2 2013, 01:14) *
The HDCD component is only for decoding the HDCD data in software. If you want to play it directly to a hardware decoder, you need to remove the HDCD component.
I do not know. If I uninstall HDCD plug in, whether Foobar2000 decode HDCD file, or play without using HDCD? I thought it was HDCD plug in required to play HDCD files. If I am wrong, I apologize.
+Quote Post
Kohlrabi
post Apr 2 2013, 09:41
Post #5

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 20561

Without the component the Stream will be played as it would be played on a regular CD player (i.e. the regular 44110Hz/16 bit PCM). If you output this bit-exactly to an external interface with a built-in HDCD decoder, it can then decode the HDCD data of the stream. So, in short, if you have an external HDCD decoder, don't use the plugin, since the plugin is a HDCD decoder itself.

--------------------
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.
+Quote Post
Forgisound
post Apr 2 2013, 11:15
Post #6

QUOTE (Kohlrabi @ Apr 2 2013, 09:41) *
Without the component the Stream will be played as it would be played on a regular CD player (i.e. the regular 44110Hz/16 bit PCM). If you output this bit-exactly to an external interface with a built-in HDCD decoder, it can then decode the HDCD data of the stream. So, in short, if you have an external HDCD decoder, don't use the plugin, since the plugin is a HDCD decoder itself.
Logically, where was I thinking? Thank you.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th December 2014 - 20:25