IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Binaural Sound For The Whole System or Internet Browsers
Wyld Stallyn
post Mar 29 2013, 15:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107444

Hello, recently I found myself wondering if there is a way to apply a binaural DSP to the whole system, i.e. have the soundcard driver directly communicate with it to alter the stream from the get-go.

The reason I wonder about this is because I have very diverse music interests and tend to browse the web on YT etc. looking for more interesting music because that's where the choice of complete titles is greatest, and I find the idea of having to download everything where I find the stereo image lacking a bit cumbersome.

For more technical details, I use Opera on a Win 7 64-bit OS and currently own an ASUS soundcard with ASUS drivers, which I may or may not replace with an ODAC in the long run. Of course this would complicate this whole "let soundcard driver interact with plugin" thing a bit.

Perhaps there is also a dedicated program for this that can run indepentend of the soundcard driver? And no, the Dolby Headphone settings are not an option as they are incredibly annoying.

This post has been edited by Wyld Stallyn: Mar 29 2013, 15:56
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
euphonic
post Mar 31 2013, 07:10
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 27711

The obvious solution if you're listening on headphones is to select "Headphone Virtualisation" under the driver properties, assuming you're not on XP. On speakers, as far as I know, you'd be out of luck as far as a system-wide solution goes. For which YouTube resolutions correspond to which audio/video bitrates, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youtube#Quality_and_codecs .

This post has been edited by euphonic: Mar 31 2013, 08:08
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 10:07