Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Artwork for artists (Read 3976 times) previous topic - next topic

Artwork for artists

I've been using Album Art Downloader [AAD] for a now, with the aim of making a very tidy and attractive music collection. So far, so good;  I have good quality album art for everything, made a custom layout in foobar2000 and control it with Android tablet and phone, choose renderers to move from the lounge to the computer room, run Winamp visuals etc and all that was a lot of fun

Now I'm taking it far too seriously, and it's stopped being fun. I'd like to add some more artwork, specifically images of the artists for each album. There's 800+ albums, but only 170 artists here, a medium / average size I guess. [AAD] has done its job perfectly, but doesn't handle artists' images, and I can't find an equivalent for those artist images. Even not being fussy, having the same image for all albums by an artist regardless of timeframe, it's still daunting to just google up images one by one. Require a bit of tuning too, whatever happens, I saw some footage of the Stones from 1968 recently, they were actually young once upon a time  So, completely automatic image gathering might be amusing, but it'd be a start.

I realise it's a FAR more complicated issue than having artwork that's keyed to a unique CD ID, and I'm just tossing the idea out, but I was wondering if anyone else has become as obsess^H^H^H^H devoted to their music collection and has seen any tools to make obtaining artist artwork a bit easier ?

Artwork for artists

Reply #1
If your simply looking for the artists' headshots, you might have better luck doing a Google image search.

Artwork for artists

Reply #3
Yeah, all I really want is a headshot or staged photo or press release from the artists, so thanks, looks like Thumbs does what I want nicely. When I say "All I want..." I don't mean to trivialise the work in marc's scripts, it looks like a lot of hard work went into it, and the reason I was asking in the first place and the reason for saying thanks is in recognition of that

Still LMAO at that Stones clip, I'd never even imagined that they too were young, once.

Artwork for artists

Reply #4
Still LMAO at that Stones clip, I'd never even imagined that they too were young, once.
Off-topic...  If you get a kick out of that sort of thing, you might want to check-out the 1964 T.A.M.I. Show DVD, which has a handful of Rolling Stones songs.  Apparently, they weren't well known yet because there is a musical introduction that mentions all of the acts, and they say The Stones are from Liverpool.  (Of course, The Beatles are from Liverpool.)

It's a really fun DVD and I'd say all of the performances are good, but the sound is mono with too-loud screaming girls over much of the music, and it's black-and-white.  After watching it, I bought a Lesley Gore CD (she has a great voice but I hadn't heard anything by her except "It's My Party").  And I bought a Barbarians CD (I'd never heard of them and they are great on the DVD, but the CD was a dissapointment).

Most of the clips you see from the 1960s are lip-synced TV performances.  It's nice to see (and hear) some real performances.