Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI + Spectrogram? (Read 7114 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI + Spectrogram?

As the title says, is it somehow possible to use spectrogram with Columns UI?

Reply #1
You can open it in a separate window by going to View>Visualizations>Spectrogram, but you can't embed it as it isn't a panel...

Reply #2
I know it's an old topic. Is there still no way to embed spectrogram into some panel while using Column UI?

Re: Columns UI + Spectrogram?

Reply #3
Hi, i'm also looking for a way to attach the spectrogram with Column UI. Are there any updates on this? O:)

Reply #5
Thank you @Koshingg for the suggestions!
I am trying the flowin component, but I don't understand how to put it inside a panel?
I created a flowin, put the spectrogram in it. Then there seems to be nothing to do, it's just a floating window like regular spectrogram?
Only difference is that it starts with foobar, which is nice.
Is there anyway I can at least make it stick to foobar so that flowin/spectrogram window moves when I move around/resize foobar?

Thank you,

Reply #6
So, now you have created the flowin . By the way, you can add other elements in this flowin, not only the spectrogram, let's say for example a playlist manager, or playlist viewer, or other element from DUI , like facets for example.  You can also make this flowin start with foobar or not . Since it's possible to make a flowin not to start with foobar , this can make foobar start faster. You can add more than 1 flowin.

So, to answer your question, obviously no, it's not just a floating window like regular spectrogram , it can snap to screen edges and hide automatically.
This is what you have to do. Try to move this flowin to the left side, for example (or right side, or above). It should hide automatically. It only appears when the cursor of the mouse touches the left side . So it's very convenient, it appears and disappears rapidly