Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Otachan's in_!mpg123 (Read 215057 times) previous topic - next topic

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #126
Anyone can help me with my problem?  
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think you have the wrong URL for your message on the problem you're having k.eight.a.  I'm guessing it should be [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18530&view=findpost&p=254814]the one here[/url] for your message just a few above this one.

Click on the "Post #XXX" link in the upper right corner of each message to copy the URL for that specific message.

Use Case's Tag to merge all tags, e.g. ID3v1 together with APEv2. Tag can write APEv2 or ID3v1+APEv2 if you want.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261726"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not quite sure who you're addressing this to kjoonlee, but I did in fact explore using TAG to sync tags in my MP3s a while back.  But it won't sync ID3v2 tags to the APE tags that FB2K uses together with ID3v1 tags. 

Because of the various audio players I have, I want to sync ID3v2 tags to both ID3v1 (unless I want to preserve custom tags I write there) and APE tags.  I can now do that with mp3infp Ver.2.47e, except that it doesn't seem to support mass tagging which would be nice.
Geopoliticus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #127
I requested APEv2 support a while back on the win32labs BBS. The developer said he would look into it. I was definitely happy to see it worked out. 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261710"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now if he would implement support for editing replaygain values within the APE tags I'd really be a happy camper.  Think there's any chance of that?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #128
It is not my normal duty, but I noticed that...

Ver. 1.18y ot76 is out. Get it HERE!.

Cheers!

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #129
This thread is too long to (re-)read it all to see if this is already known or not, but I just discovered that (at least with 1.18y ot75c, and I hope with the following ones as well) not only APEv2 but also ID3v2 replaygain info is honored. This is a godsend to me as F2K (which I don't use for playback, but I routinely use for other tasks) refuses to read ID3v2 info if an APEv2 is present and destroys APEv2 if forced to write an ID3v2 (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!). This also allow me (if I will) to modify replaygain info using my beloved MP3TagStudio.

Now, if ony mp3infp could show more ID3v2 information... 

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #130
Thanks for this piece of information.

in_mpg123 gets better and better. Now I really hope that I will be able one day to edit the tags of the song which is currently playing.

EDIT: typo

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #131
Thanks for this piece of information.

in_mpg123 gets better and better. Now I really hope that I will be able onw day to edit the tags of the song which is currently playing.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263176"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you're welcome, amano...

I agree: I apreciate in_mpg123 more and more every day. I'd really love if its web site and included information could be available in english too. Unhapply I don't speak any Japanese and my english is not so good, otherwise I'd volunteer for the job of translating it. Anybody listening?? 

Cheers!

Sergio
Sergio

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #132
Usually volonteers are always welcome.

I'd send an e-mail to otachan

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #133
I'm not sure about the legal status of my English translations; it's a derived work, and I don't know how copyright law covers those in Japan, Korea, or the World.

Well, if I have any rights, I hereby declare that I surrender those rights, as far as Otachan's in_mpg123 is concerned. If I was free to do something with those rights, you are free to do so too now.

Rights that I did not have, I cannot give up. Consult Otachan-san for details.

edit: If I did anything wrong, that doesn't mean you can do it too. I hope Otachan-san forgives me if I did.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #134
kjoonlee. which rights are you talking about? I don't have any clue at whom your post is directed...

BTW, as we speak ot77a is out: http://www3.cypress.ne.jp/otachan/in_mpg123_118ot77a.zip

This is what babelfish tells me:
"At the time of streaming performance, the data correcting the fact that it is not output to end."

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #135
...I just discovered that (at least with 1.18y ot75c <snip>) not only APEv2 but also ID3v2 replaygain info is honored.

Great... but how are you getting RG values into the ID3v2 tags?  The only method I know about to set RG is with FB2K to APE tags.

This also allow me (if I will) to modify replaygain info using my beloved MP3TagStudio.

Wow... that's cool!  I didn't know any MP3 tagging software out there has the ability to edit replaygain in any kind of tag except FB2K and APE tags.

Can MP3TagStudio also do mass tagging on fixed replaygain values like album gain and album peak in ID3v2 tags? 

You still need some way of scanning track gain and track peak values in groups of MP3s to ID3v2 tags.  How would you accomplish that?  By using MP3TagStudio to sync FB2K written APE tag info to ID3v2 tags?  That'd get convoluted for me, as I have to 1st use mp3infp to sync >30 character ID3v2 tag info to FB2K's APE tags to overcome the short tags FB2K gets from ID3v1 tags. 

And out of curiousity, can someone tell me if there is any other software for playing digital audio besides Winamp that can use in_mpg123?  Not that I'd switch... Winamp is my overall favorite.  But just in case I've missed something...

Now, if ony mp3infp could show more ID3v2 information

As well as RG values in APE tags.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #136
Can MP3TagStudio also do mass tagging on replaygain values in ID3v2 tags?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm afraid not. Replaygain values are stored in ID3v2 "User defined text" frames.
AFAIK Mp3/Tag Studio can alter the content of those frames (on a one-by-one basis) but cannot create them or mass-tag them.

Anyway, as I'm not totally sure of my above statement I suggest you to give a try to Mp3/Tag Studio ([a href="http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/]http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/[/url]) and/or check in its forum (http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/forum.html).

We can always "lobby" to have this feature added.... who knows...   

Edit:

PS: Sorry, I missed your first question on how to inject RG values in ID3v2.
FB2K does it! If told to write ID3v2 tags *AND NO APE TAG IS FOUND*, then it will write RG values in ID3v2.

Cheers

Sergio
Sergio

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #137
Replaygain values are stored in ID3v2 "User defined text" frames.

That's pretty funky.  But looking at the ID3v2 definition I can only guess that the Relative volume adjustment tag wasn't sufficient for storing replaygain values.

I am a bit surprised that it seems like the Equalisation tag listed just below it never seems to have been developed in any MP3 players.  I asked around Hydrogen about this quite some time back, and got no responses at all to questions about it.  The Winamp software itself has an option to remember EQ settings for each MP3 in an external database.  But I've seen nothing implemented to write EQ right to an MP3 and read it from there.

Anyway, as I'm not totally sure of my above statement I suggest you to give a try to Mp3/Tag Studio

Well... at this point I have some 6000 MP3s APE tagged with RG values with FB2K, and am pretty happy with my favorite MP3 tagging software Gearvolt to tag, mass tag and create playlists along with FB2K's masstagger and other functions.  I used to use Mp3/Tag Studio by default before Gearvolt.  But I've found Gearvolt to be much easier to accomplish mass tagging, and tagging in general.  It's grid based layout, and ability to click one cell and have all cells in that column be synced instantly is a big plus for me.

Bu if Mp3/Tag Studio or something else ever offers something Gearvolt, FB2K and mp3infp doesn't along these lines, I'm always eager to use whatever gets the job done the easiest way.

I missed your first question on how to inject RG values in ID3v2.
FB2K does it! If told to write ID3v2 tags *AND NO APE TAG IS FOUND*, then it will write RG values in ID3v2.

It would be nice to consolidate all my tag info into just Id3v1 and Id3v2 tags.  At this point I have those two, APE, and then a few albums tagged ith LYRICS2.  I could choose to tag both lyrics and RG values to ID3v2 tags at some point and dump APE tags.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #138
And in_mpg123 ot78 is out.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #139
hi folks, just a heads up.

ot79b is out.

link

i don't know what's new however.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #140
ot80a is out

Also I think it is worth to bring to the attention of all those that are subscribed to this thread that Hacko has modified Otachan's source to include a preamp slider for files that doesn't have replygain information (à la FB2K). You can have a look at it in this thread.

Hacko is also seeking help to get in touch with Otachan and have his modification incorporated in its sources. I think it is really worth to. Anybody is in touch with Otachan??

Sergio
Sergio

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #141
Ver. 1.18y ot81a
  • For tagging, now requires mp3infp Ver. 2.48 or higher
  • Instantly refreshes tag data when using [View file info...] or mp3infp to edit tags
  • Tags were'nt being refreshed when [Misc - Read extended info on selection] was run
  • When using ReplayGain, you can now set a preamp value for un-replaygained data.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=182473"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looks like Hacko was successful.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #142
Yesssssssssssssssss!! 
Sergio

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #143
Ver. 1.18y ot81a

What kind of compression is Otachan using for the file in_mpg123_118ot81b.7z on his download page?

I see no xxx.zip on his site anywhere.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #144
Ver. 1.18y ot81a

What kind of compression is Otachan using for the file in_mpg123_118ot81b.7z on his download page?

I see no xxx.zip on his site anywhere.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

7-Zip [a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/]http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/[/url]

Some other zip utilities, such as WinRAR, can also open 7-zip files.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #145
Thanks Cosmo

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #146
Now I really hope that I will be able one day to edit the tags of the song which is currently playing.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263176"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What prevents this from happening, in_mpg123 or mp3infp?  This isn't what was addressed in ot81a was it?

This is the one feature that would convince me to drop my current player for winamp.

Thanks.

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #147
First of all thanks to Otachan and the others for a great plugin.

I need someone to help me listen to the streams from www.tuner2.com
They are AAC streams and the default Winamp in_mp3 can decode and play them.

When I added in_mpg123, I removed MP3, MP2 and MP1 from the list of filenames that in_mp3 should handle (Options->Input->in_mp3->Configure->File association->Extension list now reads AAC;APL).

Now, while in_mp3 handles files of extension AAC and M4A correctly, in_mpg123 handles MP1, MP2 and MP3 correctly. So far, so good.

The problems start when I start streaming audio. in_mpg123 can decode MP3 streams from shoutcast.com and while the info box is a little less detailed than one from in_mp3 it works out great. (Especially, as I can preamp the music down by 6dB and listen to all non-replaygained stuff without destroying my ears.)

It's when I try to play a stream from www.tuner2.com like for instance Tag's Trance Trip, in_mpg123 takes over and fails to decode the stream and complains about a "valid frame not found". I have tried to disable streaming with in_mpg123 but it will still not pass the stream onto in_mp3, instead for both MP3 and AAC streams, it simply skips the file and goes to the first file it can play.

This is a bit of a problem at home where my connection is not good enough to stream at 128kbps without interruptions but streams at 48kbps very well.

I even changed Options -> Playlist -> Extension of unknown file name from MP3 to AAC(and M4A) but still no luck.

Does anybody know of a workaround?

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #148
Sorry for replying to my own post, but it seems that in_mpg123 doesn't apply any preamping to streaming MP3s. Could someone confirm this for me?

The problems start when I start streaming audio. in_mpg123 can decode MP3 streams from shoutcast.com and while the info box is a little less detailed than one from in_mp3 it works out great. (Especially, as I can preamp the music down by 6dB and listen to all non-replaygained stuff without destroying my ears.)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=308192"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Otachan's in_!mpg123

Reply #149
Addressed in ot85b.

4. Changelog
Ver. 1.18y ot85b
Preamp for non-replaygained data now works with streaming data when replaygain is on.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=182473"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]