Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar (Read 380942 times) previous topic - next topic

HOW TO: synchronise your last.fm playback stats with foobar

Reply #750
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\nand\Desktop\foobar2000\marc2003\common4.js": Failed to load

the bit in bold means the file is not there meaning the files were not extracted correctly. also you're using a slightly outdated version. i recommend using the latest.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/playcount%20sync.zip

Thank you for the update!
The script loads almost 3 times faster now!

Reply #751
^that's unlikely. you shouldn't even notice the script having an effect on foobar starting up. if you mean the library import is quicker than that depends on how busy last.fm's servers are. they're usually faster in the middle of the night UK time. also, your own connection could affect it to a lesser extent.

edit: i just realised i broke the import feature with an update i made on the 5th december. it's easy to tell if you're running it because there is an Online update option on the context menu. run this option to fix it.

full download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/playcount%20sync.zip

files changed:
Code: [Select]
marc2003\common6.js

Reply #752
Hello Marc,

i just updated from an at least one year old version to your newest one and that happened:

WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Benutzername\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft JScript:
Das Objekt unterstützt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht.
File: C:\Users\Benutzername\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 2306, Col: 2
<source text only available at compile time>

i double checked everything and read the readme.pfd twice. before i didn't use foo_softplaylists as it was only needed if you want to love/unlove tracks. is it mandatory now? but even when i installed it as descripted, it didn't help.

Reply #753
i'm guessing you didn't update WSH panel mod? that line points to a function that doesn't exist in older versions. the readme says you need at least version 1.5.0 (current version is 1.5.6)

http://code.google.com/p/foo-wsh-panel-mod/downloads/list

like the previous version, it's not necessary to install foo_softplaylists if you don't want to love tracks.

Reply #754
seems like you are right, even if i used your readme.pdf and followed every step and still remember that i downloaded the wsh panel. let me just blame the "enhanced" windows 8 copy gui! anyway, now it works, great! by the way, the readme still states "WSH panel mod (v1.5.0 or later)" which i had before, but i remember something like 1.5.0 alpha/beta... so it might not match the requirement.

I guess i can delete the file wsh_lastfm/test.sql while i have to keep wsh_lastfm/lastfm.sql!? and wsh_settings/{username|api_key} are also still needed?

thanks for your fast help and the time, work and afford you put into this addon!

Reply #755
you can delete both the sql files. they are temporary files used once by the import function. all the permanent data is stored inside customdb_sqlite.db

you can delete the api key file as i now provide that in the script. username is still required so don't remove that.

Reply #756
Is there a way to edit the values for %lastfm_playcount_db% by hand? I want to try and fix the songs that have the same titles/artists (like live albums) so that they don't both have the same play count.

Also, once I've done the initial last.fm transfer, which components are still needed? Which can I delete?

Reply #757
Is there a way to edit the values for %lastfm_playcount_db% by hand? I want to try and fix the songs that have the same titles/artists (like live albums) so that they don't both have the same play count.

Also, once I've done the initial last.fm transfer, which components are still needed? Which can I delete?
You can edit the values by hand, but once the track is played  the script will fetch the Last.fm value and overwrite your change.

A more reliable fix would require editing the script to include the album name in the md5 hashing process for the tracks in the DB.

Reply #758
A more reliable fix would require editing the script to include the album name in the md5 hashing process for the tracks in the DB.

Do you know how?

Reply #759

if you have no intention of loving/unloving tracks, you can remove the foo_softplaylists component. the button will turn into an exclamation mark warning you about this but the import/background updating of tracks still works fine.

not really. you need to take into account what you're scrobbling to last.fm in the first place. although foo_audioscrobbler does submit the album data to last.fm, it's "lost" as far as fetching info from the API is concerned. unless you modify the title tag of the track to add (live) or whatever, all tracks with the same artist/title will be bundled together as if from the same album even when the album tags are different.

Reply #760
not really. you need to take into account what you're scrobbling to last.fm in the first place. although foo_audioscrobbler does submit the album data to last.fm, it's "lost" as far as fetching info from the API is concerned. unless you modify the title tag of the track to add (live) or whatever, all tracks with the same artist/title will be bundled together as if from the same album even when the album tags are different.

Thank you. And also thanks for working on this for so long.

Reply #761

Shame on me, completely forgot the "album" wasn't retrievable. 

Reply #762
I'm getting some errors while importing script to WSH(version 1.5.6) panel, what's wrong?

WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\icepopo\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object
File: C:\Users\icepopo\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 962, Col: 2

Reply #763
what's wrong?

you didn't follow the readme properly.

Automation server can't create object

that specifically tells me you missed step 5.

Reply #764
I had your awesome script working before using default UI, but I switch to column UI. Now I get this error from your script.

WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\jake\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
Ln: 2387, Col: 2
<source text only available in compile time>

I've tried re installing everything, including components. Do you know how to fix this?

Reply #765
looking at that particular line of code, i'm almost certain it's because you're using an outdated version of WSH panel mod. the readme does state it requires at least 1.5.0 (current is 1.5.6).

i'm guessing you were using an older version of script with default UI and then updated my script at the same time as you switched to columns?

you can get the current version here: http://code.google.com/p/foo-wsh-panel-mod/downloads/list

Reply #766
Oh thank you so much that works I totally thought I did that already.

Reply #767
EDIT: sorry this doesn't work quite as expected yet. i'll fix it tomorrow. for now i've reverted the changes. 

script updated: auto loving of tracks based on title formatting now detects changes on the fly. previously it would only check after 3 seconds had played to see if conditions were met.

use the update option found on the right click menu. if you don't have any update option then you need the full download from here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22801321/playcount%20sync.zip

extract the marc2003 folder again and import the new playcount sync.txt file as well. from now on, you should be able to update the script from the right click menu.

Reply #768
Thanks so much for this script. Worked amazingly first try.

I understand the difficulty in regards to inconsistencies between file tags and the last.fm DB, however I am wondering if it's possible to implement some kind of fuzzy string matching? I have a library with about 35,000 songs and there are 8,000 that remain without playcounts. I know I have scrobbled most of them at least once.

You've probably been asked this before, but without an official FAQ of sorts, it's a little hard to track that information down.

Also, I am wondering how it handles scrobbles of the same song/artist across different albums. For example, a live version vs. the album version (where live isn't specified in the track title). Do all instances of that song/artist combo get updated?

Reply #769
Also, I am wondering how it handles scrobbles of the same song/artist across different albums. For example, a live version vs. the album version (where live isn't specified in the track title). Do all instances of that song/artist combo get updated?

Yep. Unless if their song titles are not the same.

Eg:
"Artist" - "Album (Studio)" - "Track 1"
"Artist" - "Album (Live)" - "Track 1"
would get double scrobbled.

"Artist" - "Album" - "Track 1 (Studio)"
"Artist" - "Album" - "Track 1 (Live)"
would have a separate scrobble.

Reply #770
however I am wondering if it's possible to implement some kind of fuzzy string matching?

nope. as i mentioned in the readme, there is no way for me to access/manipulate your foobar library at all. all i do i dump all last.fm data into a database provided by foo_customdb and if it matches what's in your library (or even playlists) then great... if it doesn't... tough.

those empty values would eventually get filled as you listen because it's possible to query last.fm with your (according to last.fm) wrong  tags and have them return their auto-corrected value.

and the post above describes exactly what happens when you have the same artist/title spread across multiple albums. if you log into the last.fm website and browse the track pages and view your playcounts, you'll run into exactly the same issue. album tags are not considered at all.

Reply #771
Thank you. I tried this out with foobar2000, and recieved no issues. Only after implementing a skin and some components, I receive an issue.

The configuration I am using is this on here. Along with all of it's listed components.

When ever I configure a WSH panel with the playcount sync code, I run into this error

WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2013-01-23.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Playcount Sync v6.2013-01-23.01 by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object required
File: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\marc2003\common6.js
Ln: 87, Col: 3

Ln: 87 seems to fall under this section.
[85]    this.get_font = function() {
[86]        this.font = this.dui ? window.GetFontDUI(0) : window.GetFontCUI(0);
[87]        this.font_name = this.font.Name;
[88]        this.title_font = gdi.Font(this.font_name, 16, 1);
.        this.normal_font = gdi.Font(this.font_name, 12);
..        this.list_font = gdi.Font(this.font_name, 11);
...        if (typeof t == "object") t.calc();
        window.Repaint();
    }

I am new to foobar, plus I have little knowledge on any of this, so I really am stumped. I hope you can help me out. Thank you for any help, and once again for this great utility.

Reply #772
Try change this.font.Name to this.font_name if it could be wrong name.

Else, it's best to hear with the author as we don't support others' skins.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #774
Hello,

I have been browsing this entire thread for the answer to an issue I have been experiencing but I can't seem to sort this out,

Error Received:

WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Charts v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Parsing file "C:\Users\Justin\Documents\Foobar 2000\marc2003\common6.js"
Error: WSH Panel Mod (Last.fm Charts v6.2012-12-05.01 by marc2003): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Object doesn't support this property or method
File: <main>
Ln: 15, Col: 1

Corresponding Line:

function on_font_changed() {

------------------------------------------

- I'm using a portable version of foobar
- All components are fully updated
- I have unchecked safe mode

Any help would be much appreciated