Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: TAudioConverter (Read 314601 times) previous topic - next topic

TAudioConverter

Reply #150
Awesome program.  I've been wanting something like this for awhile now.  And the pace of development is unreal!

Added ALAC support, I was just thinking about that!

Now for some nitpicking. 

When encoding:
1.  I have four threads running, why do I need to see four more progress bars sitting at 0%?
2.  Option to show encoding speed rather than percents.
3.  Labels on the bottom two narrow progress bars.  I'm assuming its a buffer?  Necessary?

And for completeness:
1.  Add WavPack
2.  Add WMA/WMA Pro/WMA Lossless (bash it all you want, that's not the point)

TAudioConverter

Reply #151
Love to see all the active development on this.  So many audio tools and apps have gone stagnant in the past couple of years.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

TAudioConverter

Reply #152
Love to see all the active development on this.  So many audio tools and apps have gone stagnant in the past couple of years.

Because all you need is foobar2000. No offense to ozok, I actually really like TAudioConverter.

TAudioConverter

Reply #153
None taken eahm. I love foobar2000, I even wrote a music player inspired by it a few years ago, tho I can't spare time on it now.

@antman

1) You see 8 progress bars, because I wanted to keep UI integrity. I was planning to use a list showing progress for each file, but the skinning component I use is "light edition" and it does not support skinning of such lists (listviews). Therefore I decided to use 8 progress bars otherwise it looked really ugly.
2) Added it my to-do list.
3) First one is CPU usage, second one is memory usage. You can disable them in settings window. Many users asked for them and I implemented them  .

What else can I use for WMA encoding besides FFMpeg?

TAudioConverter

Reply #156
TAudioConverter Ver 0.7.5

FhG AAC Encoder:Bit Depth setting is broken at CBR/80kbps/LC.
All files encoded at 24bits.
Apple  Macmini  Intel Core i5 (2.6 GHz)

TAudioConverter

Reply #157
@kokuyo a sample would be nice.

TAudioConverter

Reply #158
Hi ozok,

TAudioConverter just gets better and better - thanks so much. Love that it can now do ALAC.

May I please place one more thing on your "to do" list?

Would it be possible to parse all metadata text fields from the source (FLAC) to (QAAC) or (ALAC)? eg Album Artist, Album Artist Sort, Artist Sort, Album Sort etc.

With gratitude

TAudioConverter

Reply #159
When copying audio from videos the option of "Encoding mode:" , "Quality" and "Bitrate" is not grayed out, but not possible to edit. Should be grayed out so users (like me ) don't get confused, or think that TAudioConverter recodes lossy->lossy from videos.

TAudioConverter

Reply #160
Ozok: How about adding a trimming function? Cut off a given file without re-encode would have been sweet! Then we would not need all those small extra tools like "mp3DirectCut" or "mp3splt" etc.

TAudioConverter

Reply #161
Hi ozok,

Saw there was a new version of SoX released today. Have you got it yet, and if so when can we expect to see it in TAC?

TAudioConverter

Reply #162
Hi jkauff,

I've seen it too. I didn't have a chance to test it but it should work if you replace it manually. I cannot give you a time about next release at the moment, I'm a bit busy these days.

Cheers.

TAudioConverter

Reply #163
Hi jkauff,

I've seen it too. I didn't have a chance to test it but it should work if you replace it manually. I cannot give you a time about next release at the moment, I'm a bit busy these days.

Cheers.

Take your time. You've done quite enough already!

TAudioConverter

Reply #164
New SoX doesn't work as a manual replacement. Converted some 24/96 FLACs to 24/48, and the resulting files were truncated. Reinstalled the old files and it worked perfectly.

Not much of a test, I know, but I wouldn't recommend a manual replacement. Better to wait until you've had time to work with the new version.

TAudioConverter

Reply #166
jkauff, actually ffmpeg is used for bit depth and channel changes and resampling. Normalization, volume change is done with SoX. I do not know which (ffmpeg-SoX) is better for which operation, I simply implemented what worked.

No worries, kokuyo, I hope your problem is solved now .

TAudioConverter

Reply #167
Would it be possible to parse all metadata text fields from the source (FLAC) to (QAAC) or (ALAC)? eg Album Artist, Album Artist Sort, Artist Sort, Album Sort etc.

Sorry I missed this post. It seems with QAAC only "Album Artist" can be implemented (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). In command line help it says something about "iTunes Pre-defined tags" but i do not know what they are.

@o-l-a-v, I've changed controls' behaviours so that they get greyed too. Trimming would require a preview tool, maybe MPlayer can be used for it.

TAudioConverter

Reply #168
jkauff, actually ffmpeg is used for bit depth and channel changes and resampling. Normalization, volume change is done with SoX. I do not know which (ffmpeg-SoX) is better for which operation, I simply implemented what worked.

Interesting. I wonder if foobar is now relying on ffmpeg for those operations as well instead of the plugins. SoX always had the reputation of being the best at resampling, but maybe that's no longer true. Or maybe ffmpeg is now using the same algorithms as SoX.

Apparently my problem was that the SoX developers inadvertently left out FLAC support in the new code. If you process through ffmpeg first, that would explain why the files truncated--probably at the point you turned over the processing to SoX. That would also explain why the old SoX files worked.

TAudioConverter

Reply #170
Hi jkauff,

No it is not how i used it. But I'll use it with if it is better than FFMpeg's built-in resampler. Zeranoe builds I've been using do not have libsoxr support, I've posted a requested for that in Zeranoe's forum and I'm waiting for a response.

Cheers.

TAudioConverter

Reply #171

Sorry I missed this post. It seems with QAAC only "Album Artist" can be implemented (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). In command line help it says something about "iTunes Pre-defined tags" but i do not know what they are.

Thank you ozok for replying. I do not know any command line syntax so I don't know and because I don't know, I love your programme  If "Album Artist" can be implemented, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again

TAudioConverter

Reply #172
Update:
-Added: Support for WMAEncoder
-Added: Changed "Copy Audio" to "Extract Audio"
-Added: Selecting "Extract Audio" will disable all the codec-related controls (thx to o-l-a-v)
-Added: Donation button
-Added: SoXr library will be used for resampling (thx to jkauff)
-Added: New icon set
-Fixed: SoX effects/filters were not applied because created temp files were not uniquely named
-Fixed: Volume effect info was shown in summary even if it was not enabled
-Fixed: Speed will be shown correctly for "Extract Audio" option
-Fixed: Progress was wrong if SoX effects were enabled
-Fixed: WAV output could not be created due to empty file name
-Updated: SoX to 14.4.1
-Updated: AlphaControls to 8.17
-Updated: QAAC and refalac to 2.15
-Updated: FFmpeg to latest static build from ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (thx to Zeranoe for libsoxr support)

Homepage: http://taudioconverter.sourceforge.net/
Download page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/taudioconverter/

TAudioConverter

Reply #173
Link?