Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: flac.exe vs libflac.dll (Read 4907 times) previous topic - next topic

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

what is the best way to convert a dvd-a in flac?

i'm using [removed] but il uses libfalc.dll and i'cant choose the compression level.

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #1
Who cares about the compression level, it's for sure -5 anyway and between -5 and -8 only few MB will change. Decompression speed is a little faster as well for -5. If you're really that guy, you can encode it again later (lossless remember?).

edit:
Here you go, it's -8. From here: [removed]

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #2
ok thanks

i've do some try

king crimson - ITCOTCK

[removed] to flac using libflac.dll take from flac-1.2.1-devel-win.zip =  934.392.015 byte

[removed] to flac using libflac.dll take from flac-1.2.1-devel-win.zip and re-encode with flac1.3pre2 frontend level8 =  934.396.823 byte

[removed] to wav + encode with flac1.3pre2 frontend level8 =  934.430.923 byte

the smallest encode is libflac.dll 1.2.1 

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #3
You are talking about a few kilobytes... The version number of flac1.3pre2 alone increases the file size by a few bytes.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #4
There's 0.04% difference between different methods of encoding - in other words no meaningful difference at all.

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #5
Most likely the audio content is identical and the size difference is due to tags.

flac.exe vs libflac.dll

Reply #6
I direct everyone to read #9 of the Terms of Service, which clearly states that descriptions of methods to bypass copy-protection/DRM, or of programs that are capable of doing so, are not permitted on Hydrogenaudio. This is serious: being misconstrued as promoting such things could have serious implications for the site.