IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Three suggestions for this great player
qarlos
post Jan 8 2015, 19:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91460

I would like to raise three requests:

1) Search within library from outside the app, maybe from another app.

So that a search can be triggered programmatically onto FB2K's library.
Or a Windows shortcut can be created with custom search keywords set as parameters.
For example, %programfiles(x86)%\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe /runcmd=Search(title HAS "du bist die ruh")

2) Automatic launch of a third-party player, when foobar2000 cannot play a certain file.

Like with a script to open MPC or VLC but without a button or any user interaction. Even if FB2K's playing gets stopped.
I add *-VIDEO.cue cuesheets next to all .AVI, .FLV and .VOB files just to get these listed and searchable within FB2K's library.
So, I'd like to just click on the result I'd choose, without minding what file extension it has.

3) Custom drop-down lists acting as library filters, filled with a certain tag values.

Like a Facets's panel (a cool feature) but not needing so much screen real-estate.
I'd like a library view with album thumbnails across the whole window, with drop-down lists for styles and artists (showing what's available) instead of adding panels to the left.
For more complex searches, I'd still use a QuickSearch, which is also discreet in its screen claim.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Porcus
post Jan 9 2015, 20:59
Post #2

Member No.: 38207

QUOTE (qarlos @ Jan 8 2015, 19:52) *
2) Automatic launch of a third-party player, when foobar2000 cannot play a certain file.

I used foo_default_videoplayer for this once. I think foo_run can do it?
+Quote Post
qarlos
post Jan 11 2015, 00:32
Post #3

Member No.: 91460

Thanks, Porcus!
Haven't been able to make it work, yet. I've obtained it from fobar2000.pl and installed vcredist but it's not yet working.

Regarding the configuration for .AVIs and other selected file formats, those are the ones I get into my library through .CUEs because that's how I can tag these (at least with some basic tags).
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2015 - 15:30