Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Auto Rating (Read 24743 times) previous topic - next topic

Auto Rating

I have released new component.

This component sets rating according to play-counter.

Download here

For settings, see Preferences -> Tools -> Auto Rating.

Auto Rating

Reply #1
One suggestion.

For any song I set my own rating, as I want.

For example, I can set rating to 5 when play_counter is 2 or set rating  to 5 when add new album.

It is possible add next thing (box checked) - not change rating if calculated autorating is less then current rating.

Auto Rating

Reply #2
Second sugestion:

Integrate this plugin with playback statistics custom. Now rating  calculated on start of playing song, but play_counter modified latest (in my case when 50% play time is riched).

Auto Rating

Reply #3
One suggestion.

For any song I set my own rating, as I want.

For example, I can set rating to 5 when play_counter is 2 or set rating  to 5 when add new album.

It is possible add next thing (box checked) - not change rating if calculated autorating is less then current rating.

It is a good idea.

I will take the idea. Please wait.

Auto Rating

Reply #4
Second sugestion:

Integrate this plugin with playback statistics custom. Now rating  calculated on start of playing song, but play_counter modified latest (in my case when 50% play time is riched).

I also thought about it.

But, because playback statistics custom was complex, I gave it up. 

At present, there is no plan.

Auto Rating

Reply #5
Just an idea, but I think a combination of this foo_auto_rating and topdownjimmy's Hotness Algorithm would be a real marvel.

Auto Rating

Reply #6
Just an idea, but I think a combination of this foo_auto_rating and topdownjimmy's Hotness Algorithm would be a real marvel.

I agree. McoreD (the awesome developer of itsfv) also has a really good hotness algorithm which takes into account the most played file, the number of plays a particular song has, how recently it was listened to, and when it was added to the library.

Here is his description of his code:
I thought My Rating is more like the current status how you 'feel' about the song. Our all time best songs will be always accessible in Top 25 Most Played smart playlist. Therefore giving 5 Stars for best songs will not be good idea because a month or two later that song will not deserve a 5 Star rating by you as your taste changes in favor of other songs.

So we need a system that automatically increments and decrements My Rating.

The Rating is a function of Played Count, Last Played and Date Added. The more played count, the Rating will go higher. The more days since last played, the Rating will go down. The more days since Added to library and played recently, in other words, when older songs were recently played, they will be favored more than new songs which were played recently.

If you see the screenshot, #3 Dhol Wadja with 322 played count has got a 4 Star rating. #4 Me & U with 318 played count has a got 4.5 Star Rating. Why? I haven't played Dhol Wadja since January and I have played Me & U more recently.

(Source)

He has even provided the code for the implementation here.

Auto Rating

Reply #7

I agree. McoreD (the awesome developer of itsfv) also has a really good hotness algorithm which takes into account the most played file, the number of plays a particular song has, how recently it was listened to, and when it was added to the library.

Here is his description of his code:
I thought My Rating is more like the current status how you 'feel' about the song. Our all time best songs will be always accessible in Top 25 Most Played smart playlist. Therefore giving 5 Stars for best songs will not be good idea because a month or two later that song will not deserve a 5 Star rating by you as your taste changes in favor of other songs.

So we need a system that automatically increments and decrements My Rating.

The Rating is a function of Played Count, Last Played and Date Added. The more played count, the Rating will go higher. The more days since last played, the Rating will go down. The more days since Added to library and played recently, in other words, when older songs were recently played, they will be favored more than new songs which were played recently.

If you see the screenshot, #3 Dhol Wadja with 322 played count has got a 4 Star rating. #4 Me & U with 318 played count has a got 4.5 Star Rating. Why? I haven't played Dhol Wadja since January and I have played Me & U more recently.

(Source)

He has even provided the code for the implementation here.

Thank you for your messages.

I have heard these algorithms for the first time.

I will study these algorithms.

Thanks.

Auto Rating

Reply #8
does this component support 'custom info' plugin?

Auto Rating

Reply #9
does this component support 'custom info' plugin?

It does. It gives you an option to store the "Rating" in either the tag or in the custominfo database.

Auto Rating

Reply #10
It seems that the plugin doesn't support the PlaybackStatistics db(the one in 3rd party plugin page). Does it?

Auto Rating

Reply #11
No, it doesn't. I don't think that will happen any time soon as there's no way to access it using the current SDK. That db is very fast though compare to SQLite of foo_custominfo.

Auto Rating

Reply #12
Release new version (v1.1.1).

[Change Log]
* Add mode "not change rating if calculated autorating is less than current rating"
* Add mode "change rating if AUTO_RATING tag is exist"

Download here

Auto Rating

Reply #13
Another idea: If I skip a song (particulary if I skip a song in the start of it), it's probably not very good, and should be rated low. Is this or could it be possible with this component?

Also is it possible to use a custom tag like "AUTORATING" tag, to differentiate between a tag set automatically or manual?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Auto Rating

Reply #14
If you can use TF instead of 'Play Counter Tag', although it is convenient for the highest.
I want to carry out rating calculation including the SKIP_COUNT tag.

Auto Rating

Reply #15
Wow. Thanks for the excellent release! 

Auto Rating

Reply #16
This plugin is only for Japanese ?

Auto Rating

Reply #17
do I need custominfo or something, the component doesn't load in my foobar

Auto Rating

Reply #18
do I need custominfo or something, the component doesn't load in my foobar

same here, the plugin does not work/load

Auto Rating

Reply #19
same here
pitty, it seems useful

Auto Rating

Reply #20
It seems, the latest versions of foobar are blocking it. I don't see this one listed under Known broken/evil plugins, so why? I really want his one back!

Greets,

Broken One

Auto Rating

Reply #21
Ok, no luck in contacting the author or get any answer. I still really can't get why we aren't allowed anymore to use this plugin in foobar 0.9.6.*. Can somebody tell me in general if it is somehow possible to smuggle this through the foobar protection by renaming it or do whatever?

Greets,

Broken One

Auto Rating

Reply #22
Version 9.6.5 Beta 2 is still running, I also use this

Auto Rating

Reply #23
Version 9.6.5 Beta 2 is still running, I also use this

Yeah just noticed. But I badly want to use it in the latest stable 0.9.6.5.8 so any hints how to get this? Just tried to edit the DLL with a resource editor but no luck...

Auto Rating

Reply #24
I just wanted to say this plug-in sounds really great. Can anyone tell if there is a way to run it on a recent (ie. 0.9.6.9) Foobar2000? Or maybe there is a similar plug-in that works just fine?