Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 Soulseek Now Playing dialogue: can you help make a plugin? (Read 2997 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 Soulseek Now Playing dialogue: can you help make a plugin?

Hi there,

I started to feel like I needed a fresh new crispy player, like Banshee.
But I have stuck it out with Foobar and customized it back into my heart.

Two things I feel are missing:

A Recently Added or New Songs Column or A Tab in Playlist manager to sort new music from things I've had for years.

~ A Soulseek Chatroom Now Playing Plugin that sends track information to Soulseek NP input chat field /

If you need any ideas, check out Nicotine+ and how it handles multiple players and settings for this function.

Nicotine+ is a Soulseek based client for Linux mostly and music players like Amarok, Banshee, Winamp.etc work.

I spoke with a developer type person and they said that they are looking into this for SoulseekQT.
But I would; and the developer mentioned the main front-man of Soulseek loves Foobar2000 and would be interested in this.

Other Input:

Lastly now that i'm using Foobar2000 much more closely after adding all the components and UI panels I want...

I have noticed how finicky the now playing list is or non-existent essentially. If I click on an artist in Album List,
my main Playlist view automatically stops showing my current playing items.

This may sound like I need to add additional UI panels.... trust me, I have multiple instances in Tabs and so on.

What this means is I have a song playing I accidentally clicked, or I can't tell if it it playing my playlist...
But it will only show the active item in the albumart/properties panel and I can't find where, out of all the lists it is playing from.

Is there a way to have a Now Playing list that is stead fast and cannot be clicked away when you browse music.

I even have the PlaylistKeeper component added on. I can't describe the problem very well sorry,
because it is more of a usability complex issue. The interface isn't being friendly I feel...

There should be more distinction between all the searches for Tracks, Playlist organizing and Building;
With the Music I am currently playing.

*Even if I have it in a playlist saved I don't want to have to click it back up.

~ Casper the Anemone

Reply #1
1. you need foo_playcount, then make an autoplaylist: %added% DURING LAST <whatever time span you want>
2. you need foo_esplaylist, then throw it in some panel: right click > Playlist > (untick) Follow active Playlist
instead choose Follow NowPlayling Playlist
or you could also lock it to a specific playlist

Reply #2
Foobar2000 Soulseek Now Playing Dialogue
can you help make a foo_slsk_np component?

Your thread is not about this exclusively, or even initially, and contains numerous other questions unrelated to Soulseek or any other third-party plugin; these should have been posted in General. Please do not just lump everything under one name and expect people to guess what it all is.

Reply #3
I will separate them better in future,
but I thought the title was self explanatory...
And anyone that could make a slsk now playing component,
I assumed would just bring up the discussion.

Where as I don't know enough about it, more than what I put in the title.

^^ but should have addressed it first

then make an autoplaylist:

I can't find where to do this.. swear i've seen autoplaylist some where before. Is it in preference menu?