Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with digital receiver and mic input (karaoke) (Read 22744 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with digital receiver and mic input (karaoke)

I have a denon avr-590 av surround receiver and have my ps3 connected to it. I like accessing the Internet such as YouTube through this for karaoke clips and would like to connect a microphone to t. I have the ps3 connected to the HDMI "DVD" input. I notice that there is no microphone input.. Is there anyway I can run a microphone to this unit at the same time as having my ps3 connected.

I have tried running the mic to the RCA inputs though only one thing can be played at once. Please help, I don't mind buying pre-amps or addons though cant get rid of this reciever as the mrs will chuck a shit. Sorry for being new at this.

Thanks guys

Reply #1

Reply #2
Whatever you do it'll only play one source at one time.

Reply #3
Normally, what you would need is a simple and cheap microphone + line level mixer (that would also allow you to adjust the mic level independently of the background music), but you won't be able to find cheap mixers with HDMI inputs. Can you get analog output from the PS3?

Reply #4
How crap, open to suggestions now

Reply #5
It's not crap, it's how it works.

Most karaoke stuff is built into the player, I seem to remember various Japanese DVD players at the time had mic inputs for karaoke functionality. To use it with the PS3 you'd need a game/app or something to do the mixing. It's how games such as Singstar work, you sing into the mic which is plugged into the PS3 and it does the mixing.

Reply #6
Ok, can I do it this way then,

Ps3 analog video directly into tv
Ps3 analog audio into line mixer - 4 channel ( for mics etc)
Line mixer into analog source on reciever, 

I think that's it

Reply #7
Ok, can I do it this way then,

Ps3 analog video directly into tv
Ps3 analog audio into line mixer - 4 channel ( for mics etc)
Line mixer into analog source on reciever, 

I think that's it

Yes, that should do it.

Reply #8
If either of the two pairs of outputs for recorders act like tape loops then you might be able to use it to send analog audio derived from the HDMI source to a mixer and monitor the output of the mixer at the return.

Reply #9
Problem is, audio from digital inputs typically is not sent to the rec outputs for some reason. Annoying for those folks wanting to use a separate headphone amp or whatever.

Reply #11
Problem is, audio from digital inputs typically is not sent to the rec outputs for some reason.

Correct and this device is one of them.

Reply #15
Ok... Don't know what u guys are talking about, not really technically minded in this area

Reply #16
It's the way you would connect a tape deck to a receiver, but I guess people stopped using those things by the turn of the century.

It really doesn't matter since my suggestion won't work for you anyway.