IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Development Forum Rules

This forum is for developer discussions only. If you have a problem / bug report / idea / feature request that isn't related to foobar2000 SDK, post it in an appropiate forum instead - tech support questions go to support forum, everything else goes to general forum.
All non-developer posts on this forum will be removed. Continued abuse of this forum will result in admin actions (warnings, account suspension).

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Additional Rainymood button, two tracks played simultaneously
r4czek
post Sep 27 2013, 21:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110467

Hello,

I'm great fan of foobar, but I'm also a great fan of rainymood.com. Therefore I wonder if it's possible to create an component that would:
1. Create an additional button on Toolbar
2. Activating this button would start and loop selected audio track (or even, for simplification, hardcoded audio track).
3. In the meantime it would be still possible to play tracks from user library, without affecting our background track.

I know that desired effect can be achieved just by opening web browser or second instance of foobar. However, it would be lovely to do this just with single window and with single mouse click.

Is there anyone experienced enough to say "Yeah, it's possible, now sit down and start reading tutorials/readmes/sample codes" or "Nope, get used to foobar + chrome combination"?

I would be really greateful for any answer!

PS If you've never heard of rainymood I really recommend listening to some Soul/Jazz (Dave Brubeck Quartet or Noriyuki Iwadare's Turnabout Jazz Soul Album) with rain sounds in background.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
foosion
post Sep 29 2013, 18:15
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator (Donating)
Member No.: 5153

If you use some tricks it should be possible to get this mostly working, but overall I think it is not worth the effort. Especially if you are new to the foobar2000 SDK - and maybe even to C++.

--------------------
http://foosion.foobar2000.org/ - my components for foobar2000
+Quote Post
r4czek
post Sep 30 2013, 08:14
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 110467

QUOTE (foosion @ Sep 29 2013, 19:15) *
If you use some tricks it should be possible to get this mostly working, but overall I think it is not worth the effort. Especially if you are new to the foobar2000 SDK - and maybe even to C++.

Thank you for reply! I'm no longer a novice, considering C++, but foobar SDK is still a black magic for me... Maybe sometime in the future...
+Quote Post
db1989
post Sep 30 2013, 19:12
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

FWIW, Iím sure there are much worse ways to introduce yourself to the SDK!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 12:35