Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC+iTunesEncode only rips WAV file—is it not using ext. encoder; why? (Read 3491 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC+iTunesEncode only rips WAV file—is it not using ext. encoder; why?

Hi, first post here and an EAC noob too, so apologies if this is a dumb question. I have searched the forum for the answer but can't find one, which probably means I am being really stupid.....

I have set up EAC to encode Apple Lossless, file type .mp4. Compression options point to iTunesEncode.exe and the command line options seem ok. When I click Test encoder, it comes back with stuff that looks sensible to me.

Trouble is when I try to rip the CD it only rips a WAV file, not an mp4 file and none of the tagging it correct, it only tags the Song Title, nothing else. This means, I assume, that it's not using the external decoder?

I have tried both the Action/Test & Copy Selected Tracks/Uncompressed and Action/Test & Copy Image and Create Cue Sheet options, both with the same effect.

To my simple mind it should simply rip the CD into mp4 (possibly with the interim stage of WAV, deleted via the -d command line option, if I am reading things correctly), so what am I doing wrong?

Any help/input greatly appreciated!

Thanks

EAC+iTunesEncode only rips WAV file—is it not using ext. encoder; why?

Reply #1
If you click "Test & Copy Selected Tracks/Uncompressed", EAC will rip straight to .WAV and won't use any encoder at all. You have to hit "Test & Copy Selected Tracks - Compressed" for it to use the encoder you specify (in your case, iTunesEncode).