Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug (Read 3934 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug

On my SBLive I have an issue when going to the OpenAL option page when playing sound
(goes away if I stop the playback) - one of EAX effects turns on,
which sounds like a standard reverb at 100%.
THis bug is reproducible only once every Foobar2000 start.

This doesn't happen if I:
- replace DefOpenAL32.dll with official version
- use emulation instead of hardware support
- go to the page when not playing (pause is enough)
ruxvilti'a

foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug

Reply #1
Says "foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug"

Do you have the latest output? (0.4)

foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug

Reply #2
This is a know problem. It seems to be a bug of the Creative Labs OpenAL32.DLL driver, I have the same effect with my Audigy card even with latest beta drivers.
The reverb kicks in when I initialize the default OpenAL32.dll to get some information about it. This happens only one time, the information is cached until you end foobar2k. 
If your soundcard has hardware support, it's safe to delete the DefOpenAL32.dll, the problem wents away then. This should even speed up loading time of the dialog page, so I recommend it for users of Live/Audigy/nForce soundchips.

foo_output_oal >=0.3 bug

Reply #3
Thanks for the tip!