Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Something is happening... (Read 4219 times) previous topic - next topic

Something is happening...

Well, I knew and you knew that this was inevitable...

foobarlooks

Edit: link.

Reply #1
Good move making this known in the general HA Forums, Angel.

As for the rest of you, "skinning" is still quite preliminary quite preliminary at this point. The status bar isn't slidable, only the 5 main playback buttons can be pressed, etc. This WILL be worked on more by the developers to achieve full functionality and maximum CPU efficiency.

So PLEASE, don't get your hopes up and then start flaming this thread cuz you think this is a crappy GUI. As human nature dictates, I would anticipate that some people would behave like children and say: "this sucks" "why can't you work this stupid thing" etc. Please be patient as this is still in the early stages....

Reply #2
[j/k]Damn...that sucks[/j/k]

Seriously...I'm glad that this feature is finally available to Foobar2000. It's a crucial factor in Foobar2000's "attempt" to become more "mainstream"...now everybody will be happy...all those who are behind functionality, efficiency and aesthetics.

Reply #3
I hope there'll also be DirectX audio plug-in support sometime soon...
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #4
This simply sucks!!!   
Peter will get angry     
Anyway, I like foobar like is, really I don't care how it looks, even winamp, I never used any skins, I hate skins!!!   
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #5
I hope there'll also be DirectX audio plug-in support sometime soon...

Quite doubtful unless its third party made.

Reply #6
This simply sucks!!!     
Peter will get angry     

Peter knew this since he makes public the foobar's SDK allowing it. And he must have sense of humour enough for see that as a joke, with a smile (like you). 

I like foobar like is, really I don't care how it looks, even winamp, I never used any skins, I hate skins

These "looks" work with a plugin, so nobody is forcing to use nothing. Other people like it, so they can choose now what they want.
And the second part:

This is "my" look for foobar. You and me are working with foobar minimised. I give you an advantage of one click and two seconds for see the title and go to the next song.

Reply #7
Quote from: AngelGR,May 12 2003 - 11:39 AM

These "looks" work with a plugin, so nobody is forcing to use nothing. Other people like it, so they can choose now what they want.
And the second part:
. And about Peter I was joking, but really I don't like that foobar skin like winamp look
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #8
The plugin is called foo_wsgui.dll (foobar window shaded GUI). It's being developed by danZ, and it's in alpha stage by now. You'll see good, bad, small and big things, but the point is that people will have freedom for choose their "look".

I use foobar minimized and the globes of winXP enabled, so the globes tell me what song is played.

I keep giving you a move of mouse and two seconds for see the title. And maintainig my last offer for go to the back or next song.

And about Peter I was joking, but really I don't like that foobar skin like winamp look

Hehee, I don't like Winamp3 itself. 

Reply #9
Moved to the place where it belongs.

Reply #10
Mmmm, OK Jan, sorry. But this is a "point of inflexion" in the life of an audio player, so it could be perfectly in the HA General Forum. And it was not intended as a "posts war". Sorry again. 

Reply #11
No biggy. It could be in the general forum. I just think this is a better place for it.
foobar related stuff --> foobar forum.

Reply #12
It's a good idea, for those who want this thing.  One thing I'd suggest:  Some sort of mouse-over or on-click response.  There some be some sort of feedback that implies it's listening when I tell it to do something. ;-)