IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
SSF/DSF not handling semicolons in tags
Soltis
post Dec 20 2012, 20:09
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 17
Joined: 5-February 12
Member No.: 96940



I only tested this in the artist field, but trying to enter "蓑部雄崇; 前田龍之" truncated to "蓑部雄崇". Entering "蓑部雄崇, 前田龍之" works as expected.

Also -- I don't know if this is due to a limitation in *sf tags, or a bug in DSF/SSF, but trying to split "蓑部雄崇, 前田龍之" to multiple artist fields with the masstagger didn't work; I only got one artist field with the value "蓑部雄崇".

This post has been edited by Soltis: Dec 20 2012, 20:10
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Dec 22 2012, 20:54
Post #2





Group: Admin
Posts: 4769
Joined: 15-December 02
Member No.: 4082



The xSF specification does not include support for multi-value fields, but rather, multi-line fields. I have implemented a select list of multi-value fields, based on the default list of fields supported by the Properties dialog, which will be written with their fields separated by a semicolon followed by a single space. ("; ") This affects all four of my xSF format components.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soltis
post Dec 22 2012, 22:12
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 17
Joined: 5-February 12
Member No.: 96940



QUOTE (kode54 @ Dec 22 2012, 21:54) *
The xSF specification does not include support for multi-value fields, but rather, multi-line fields. I have implemented a select list of multi-value fields, based on the default list of fields supported by the Properties dialog, which will be written with their fields separated by a semicolon followed by a single space. ("; ") This affects all four of my xSF format components.


If I understand you correctly, this means you're essentially emulating multi-fields using carriage returns?

If that is the case, then "A; B" would format to:
CODE
A
B


Correct?

And then calling $meta_sep(field,, ) should return "A, B", if I'm not mistaken -- but in my case it does not.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Dec 22 2012, 22:29
Post #4





Group: Admin
Posts: 4769
Joined: 15-December 02
Member No.: 4082



No. I am emulating multiple fields using "; " as a separator. I still support multiple lines in all fields.

You will need to retag any files you tried to add multiple artists to before.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soltis
post Dec 23 2012, 01:16
Post #5





Group: Members
Posts: 17
Joined: 5-February 12
Member No.: 96940



QUOTE (kode54 @ Dec 22 2012, 23:29) *
No. I am emulating multiple fields using "; " as a separator. I still support multiple lines in all fields.

You will need to retag any files you tried to add multiple artists to before.


Okay, so how do I input multiple fields per your emulation? I tried using masstagger to split "artistA, artistB" and it just truncated the field; I also tried entering "artistA; artistB" in the artist field in properties and that truncated as well -- or at least, $meta_sep(artist,, ) only output "artistA" instead of "artistA, artistB"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Dec 23 2012, 19:44
Post #6





Group: Admin
Posts: 4769
Joined: 15-December 02
Member No.: 4082



Are you sure you updated the component to version 2.0.31? I have that installed, and when I change the artist to "artistA;artistB" in the default Properties dialog, it saves it as "ARTIST=artistA; artistB" in the file, and displays both values after saved. Then the resulting $meta_sep(artist, ) displays "artistA artistB".

Also make sure that you only have "Highly Theoretical" installed in the Components page, and no "AOSSF" or "AODSF" related components.

EDIT: Update again, I somehow lost a previous change, now the real 2.0.32 is up.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Soltis
post Dec 24 2012, 03:02
Post #7





Group: Members
Posts: 17
Joined: 5-February 12
Member No.: 96940



I'd *just* installed the component before posting; I just updated again and now it's working correctly.

This post has been edited by Soltis: Dec 24 2012, 03:02
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kode54
post Dec 24 2012, 03:18
Post #8





Group: Admin
Posts: 4769
Joined: 15-December 02
Member No.: 4082



Yeah, I had a 2.0.31 that included the tagging fix, but didn't include the original fix from 2.0.31. The joys of working with Git with submodules, sometimes they decide to become detached heads, and then if I fail to notice that before attempting to push the changes to the origin, I don't end up merging them into master, then lose them.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2015 - 19:50