IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Load/save m3u.playlist + paths?
tozeta
post Sep 23 2012, 01:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103340

I'm looking for a way to use foobar's m3u.files on different computers/drives/servers/clients etc. I want to be able to load and save (and configure) the m3u.file format so that I can exchange them.

Foobar generates standard playlists m3u-files with the following format (when I look in Notepad):

Z:\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

I needed the EXTM3U-format and thanks to the component foo_extm3u.dll (thanks very much!) I get the following format:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,All I Really Want
Z:\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

-- Subquestion: I can only save playlists in this format, not load playlist in foobar with this EXTM3U-format, I get a blank playlist, does anybody have a solution for this? --

And now I need foobar not to generate the absolute path. I need:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,All I Really Want
\alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\mp3s\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop\- ALBUMS - Rock Pop - Pop Folklore\Alanis Morissette\1995 - Jagged Little Pill\01. All I Really Want.mp3

Where Z: = \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\

On my server the folder is named \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\ , on my computer this is substituted to Z:
I want to have a playlist to play via the server, so the m3u.format has to start with \alibaba\data\SoundAndVision\ . but I generate the playlist in foobar on my computer so the m3u.format starts with Z: I tried to install foobar on the server, but it didn't work either. I found freeware PlaylistGenerator3 which does the job, but I don't want to use 2 progams.

So, I want to load and save m3u-playlists where I can configure the home-directory. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
romor
post Sep 23 2012, 08:26
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 65630

foobar should be able to load EXTM3U w/o problem
Only issue I had with it was that foobar just follows links/paths and does not read #EXTINF info, so for streams it's no good, and better to use PLS instead

For you problem, maybe foo_softplaylist component can assist, as it allows import/export of XSPF playlists, and resolves items by artist-title-album combo instead fixed path (maybe it takes also tracknumber and duration in consideration, but I'm not sure). So if you have that item in library it will be loaded no matter where it is located.
There is also foo_playlist_revive or similarly named component, that perhaps can resolve similarly

In either case items needs to be in your media library

For the server part, there are lot of XSPF applets AFAIK, and as a side note for XSPF with http links foo_softplaylist can't be of help but foo_xspf.

This post has been edited by romor: Sep 23 2012, 08:34

--------------------
scripts: http://goo.gl/M1qVLQ
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 19:03