Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: unrelated converter feature request (Read 2331 times) previous topic - next topic

unrelated converter feature request

I have another (totally different) feature request. Sometimes, I need to transcode a couple of albums from FLAC to MP3 for my iPhone. Is it possible to add a switch to the converter to just copy files (instead of transcoding) if the source file already has the same format as the desired destination format? Then, I just can select the albums, click convert (to MP3) and I don't have to worry if the source files are FLAC or MP3.

This is the feature that I miss! Maybe there could be a checkbox in the warning message window which already appears when you try to transcode a lossy format to just copy all of the lossy files in the current session to the specified location.

unrelated converter feature request

Reply #1
I have another (totally different) feature request. Sometimes, I need to transcode a couple of albums from FLAC to MP3 for my iPhone. Is it possible to add a switch to the converter to just copy files (instead of transcoding) if the source file already has the same format as the desired destination format? Then, I just can select the albums, click convert (to MP3) and I don't have to worry if the source files are FLAC or MP3.

This is the feature that I miss! Maybe there could be a checkbox in the warning message window which already appears when you try to transcode a lossy format to just copy all of the lossy files in the current session to the specified location.

This is a totally different feature request, unrelated to this release. Please start a new topic for it.