Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.6 (Read 1893929 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools versions 1.9.5 through 2.1.5 (current)

Reply #900
Sorry if it was previously answered, but is there a batch mode? I am planning on verifying lots of albums overnight but I don't know if there is a "queue" option.

Reply #901
Where I can find the list of changes from 2.0.4a to 2.0.6?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #902
here

Reply #903
Sorry if it was previously answered, but is there a batch mode? I am planning on verifying lots of albums overnight but I don't know if there is a "queue" option.

I use drag 'n drop and it's possible to drop many directories (at the same time, not while checking other directories), also subdirs are checked.

Reply #904
Hi,

Apologies for posting this info in a different thread, I am hoping you guys can help me out.

My story:  Three years ago, I ripped my entire CD collection to FLAC (tracks, no CUE) via EAC.  I had always noticed tiny gaps in my seamless albums, but thought it was normal.  I was finally made aware this is not, and virtually all of my rips have the dreaded 4608 samples of silence appended to each track.  Sometime in 2008, I must have installed a different version of EAC, because my recent rips are fine.  I am told I can fix this with CUETools.

My songs are structured simply, like this:

\\NAS\Music\Artist\Album\song1.flac

I downloaded and installed CUETools for my Win7 x64 machine.  My first problem seems to be a window error, as I cannot expand the window as seen on my screen grab.  I tried both 2.0.4a and 2.0.6.

I need some help with configuration, as I want to keep my folders and tags the exact same, I just want me destination to be my D: drive.  I seem to be able to do all of this, except set my destination drive to D:.  The program keeps wanting to put in on my C:Music folder, but that will not hold all of my music, it is a small boot drive.  I also want to be able to run a batch file of all my folders/flacs, even though 10% of my songs don't have the 4608 samples of silence.  I hoping the program will just re-encode as-is.

Finally, can you tell me what my Pregap, Data Track, Offset and Gaps handling settings should be?  I don't want anything changed except chopping off the 4608 samples of silence where applicable.  Thanks!

Reply #905
My first problem seems to be a window error

The only window error i see on this screenshot is that offset field is not visible. This is a known issue caused by large fonts setting.

I need some help with configuration, as I want to keep my folders and tags the exact same, I just want me destination to be my D: drive.  I seem to be able to do all of this, except set my destination drive to D:.  The program keeps wanting to put in on my C:Music folder, but that will not hold all of my music, it is a small boot drive.

Try this template:
D:\$directory(%path%,-10,-2)\%filename%.cue
This should keep the folder structure intact.

You can also change your 'My Music' folder location by selecting the desired folder in the folder browser, right click -> "Set as My Music folder". This will affect not only default destination for CUETools, but Windows Media player and other software, so be careful. When i set this folder to my drive with 1TB of music, i had to turn off media player service which was torturing HDD trying to index all those files.

I also want to be able to run a batch file of all my folders/flacs, even though 10% of my songs don't have the 4608 samples of silence.  I hoping the program will just re-encode as-is.

Yes. Just enter the folder path (\\NAS-01-1D-A5\Music\) in the input field, and it should process all the contents of this folder.

Finally, can you tell me what my Pregap, Data Track, Offset and Gaps handling settings should be?  I don't want anything changed except chopping off the 4608 samples of silence where applicable.  Thanks!

Pregap, Data Track, Offset should normally be zero. All advanced settings should be at their default values. Gaps handling for example should be Gaps appended + HTOA.

There aren't many settings relevant to your task that you should change.
You should set Mode to Tracks, if you don't want whole-album single-file images.
You should uncheck three checkboxes with icons (musicbrainz, freedb and accuraterip), because you probably don't need/want to access those databases.
Under 'Action', instead of 'fix offset' select 'default'. 'fix offset' has nothing to do with your task.

You might also want to check 'Keep original filenames' in Advanced settings (first tab, first option on the right side)

Good luck!
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #906
I am converting flac+cue to ALAC using libALAC. Everything works great, files play ok in itunes under mac and windows. BUT, when I sync files to my ipod, each song is presented as being 3 or 4 hours in length, I get a 1sec sound at the start and then no audio.

Please, can you check if this file plays ok on ipod: [attachment=5852:sylvian_enc8.m4a]
It should be almost identical to the files produced by iTunes, so i hope it works.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #907
Gregory, thank you so much!

I'll be trying your recommendations later today.

Reply #908
I am converting flac+cue to ALAC using libALAC. Everything works great, files play ok in itunes under mac and windows. BUT, when I sync files to my ipod, each song is presented as being 3 or 4 hours in length, I get a 1sec sound at the start and then no audio.

Please, can you check if this file plays ok on ipod: XXX
It should be almost identical to the files produced by iTunes, so i hope it works.
Tested on ipod touch (3rd g), OS (3.1.3) and it works 
Thank you very much for supporting this without having (or wanting) the corresponding hardware.
Cheers.

Reply #909
hi - quick question - is there a way to manually adjust offsets without referencing accuraterip? i have a few cds where i know the offset is wrong and how much it needs adjusting but the cds are not in the accuraterip database. am new to the program but i havent been able to find a way to force an offset adjustment as yet. is there one?

Reply #910
Yes. Don't select scripts such as 'fix offset' - leave it to default. Just enter the offset adjustment into 'Offset' field, then encode.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #911
Yes. Don't select scripts such as 'fix offset' - leave it to default. Just enter the offset adjustment into 'Offset' field, then encode.

wonderful. thanks for the tip. had a feeling there was probably a way to do it

Reply #912
Gordon,

All of your recommendations seem to have worked very well.

The only thing I noticed, is that a CUE sheet is also created for each album.  I don't need a CUE sheet.  What setting would cause this?  I have followed your instructions to the letter.  Mode = Tracks.

Thanks again for your help, I could have never figured this out without your assistance.

Reply #913
^^ Oops, sorry meant to type Gregory.

Actually, I suppose it is OK to have a CUE in each album folder.  If I need to burn from CD going forward, the CUE sheet will be right there and I can use EAC for a quick burn.

Reply #914
I see now this is a dummy CUE sheet.  Please let me know if there is an option to disable its creation.

Thanks again,
Sam

Reply #915
Hello again,

I have one more question, in addition to my dummy CUE sheet query: I have some native MP3 files (downloads codes from LPs, Neil Young Blu-ray MP3 downloads, etc).  Since I'm running all my music folders through CUETools as we speak, I suppose it's going to re-encode those MP3s to FLAC.  Is this bad in any way?  I'd prefer to keep them as MP3 (easier transfer to other devices).

Reply #916
No, it will not transcode mp3 to flac. It only works with lossless audio. It will not even copy mp3s to the destination folder.
You should not assume that everything in your source folder will be copied/converted to the destination.
It will not copy lossy files, unknown formats, artwork and such, so you shouldn't just delete the source folder after conversion, or you might loose some files.
As for dummy CUE sheets, if you really don't want them, you can find and remove all of them using windows explorer,
just search for all .cue files in the destination folder (or all .cue files containing works "CUETools dummy"), and remove them.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #917
Any way to make CueTools not require the EAC log file and cue sheet to have the same filename in order to add the info about whether the CRCs match the ones in the log? EAC creates logfiles named "artist - album.log" and cue sheets named "album.log" with no way to change it, and the bulk of my old rips are already in this format. If only one log and cue exist in any given folder, CueTools should assume they belong to the CD contained in that folder, no?

Also, would it be possible to add "Yes, ALWAYS!" to the "One or more output file already exists" dialog? There are times when I'm verifying a batch of discs that may already have accurip logs in the folder that can be safely overwritten.

Reply #918

Please, can you check if this file plays ok on ipod: [attachment=5852:sylvian_enc8.m4a]

Sorry for the late reply, will check on iPhone 3Gs later tonight. Thank you for taking the time to do this, would save me a lot of trouble. As I said, DBPoweramp's ALAC encoding works fine (don't know if it's the same encoder you're using...)

oh and count me in for the request someone made on adding "Yes, ALWAYS!" to the "One or more output file already exists" dialog. I keep getting this and can't find any file being replaced... actually, after I tell "yes, overwrite", I check the folder and checking the "date modified" I can't find any file that has been overwritten (modifed).

Again, thank you for all of this, it is very very usefull.

Reply #919
Hello:

I keep my music in Apple Lossless format, to play in iTunes. Most of these were converted from FLAC or WAV, either by dBpoweramp or by CueTools. I also retain .cue sheets from the original rips.

Usually if I place the original .cue sheet into the folder containing the ALAC files, I can use CueTools verify to check rip accuracy. However, it does not work on some albums and CueTools reports: Decoding failed.

I wondered if perhaps CueTools had problems with the files converted by dBpoweramp. So, today I used CueTools to convert a single range rip FLAC to individual ALAC tracks and new .cue sheet for the individual files. I then put that new .cue sheet into CueTools and ran verify. I received that error: Decoding failed.

What does this mean? Why can CueTools verify some ALAC files, but not decode others?

Reply #920
That's a bug in current version, will be fixed soon.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #921
That's a bug in current version, will be fixed soon.

Does the bug affect the conversion/encoding, or just the decoding/verify?
In other words, are the files I already converted using CueTools okay? Once the bug is fixed, will CueTools be able to verify all the Apple Lossless files that I have already converted, and not fail on some of them?

Reply #922
Once the bug is fixed, will CueTools be able to verify all the Apple Lossless files that I have already converted, and not fail on some of them?

Yes.
CUETools 2.1.6

Reply #923
Thank you. Any estimate on when that version will be released.

Reply #924
Does this count as an estimate?  http://www.cuetools.net/install/CUETools_2.0.8.rar

Bug-fix release 2.0.8 changelog:
1) Fixed bug in libALAC decoder which sometimes caused it to abort with error messages like "invalid frame"
2) Fixed bug in libALAC encoder which produced files non-compatible with iPod - thanks to prefab and neovibe for testing
3) Fixed bug in libFlake encoder which caused data corruption when using variable block size (compression level 11) - thanks to Ipsum for bringing this to my attention
4) Fixed bug in peak level measurement in verification log: it now produces exactly the same values as EAC
5) AR verification speedup for albums with many short tracks
6) CTDB verification speedup
7) mp3 encoding is now a bit faster when using lame_enc.dll instead of lame.exe; Download lame_enc.dll and put it into corresponding "plugins (Win32)"/"plugins (x64)" folder
8) Support for external encoders which don't support pipes (such as iTunesEncode): if you use %I in encoder parameters, temporary file is created
9) If log file name doesn't match cue file name, but it contains the same TOC as a cue sheet, it is used automatically
CUETools 2.1.6