Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch (Read 219285 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_quicksearch

I am happy to release a new version of the now defunct quicksearch toolbar.
This new version has been made for foobar V1.x and is compatible with both DUI and CUI.
It can be downloaded here and provides with new features such as autoplaylist generation, full customization of the context menu, .... and improved performances.
Please check this page for help and additional information.

It utilizes the Windows Imaging Component which is included in Windows XP SP3 or higher and in .NET 3.0.
The WIC can also be downloaded here separately.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #1
Playing with it right now. Looks good.

Thank You.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #2
customization of the context menu, that's awesome!

edit: another thing I've been hoping for is a way to get information from a field of the current playing song and search for that in a different field, something like this:

%artist% IS $nowplaying(%similar_artist%)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #3
Hi NEMO7538, thanks for the new release!

I am not able to assign a shortcut anymore to active the search box... QuickSearch is embedded in a PSS and I used to be able to just push "S" and start typing.... The only option now is "library / quicksearch" which pops up an additional search window..

Can the old functionality of "activate quicksearch" be implemented please?

Also, the "custom bitmap" doesn't seem to work with an image that worked as the old custom bitmap... has image requirements changed or is this a bug?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #4

I am not sure of this functionality your are referring to (no menu entry with the name "activate quicksearch") unless it is a PSS specific I am not aware of. Can you elaborate?
Also, the "custom bitmap" doesn't seem to work with an image that worked as the old custom bitmap... has image requirements changed or is this a bug?

Only one image is now allowed at a time, which should be a bitmap of width=40 (2x20 to account for mouseover processing), height=16.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #5
I am not sure of this functionality your are referring to (no menu entry with the name "activate quicksearch") unless it is a PSS specific I am not aware of. Can you elaborate?

Sorry, I called it wrongly. Under the old version, the shortcut pointed to "Library/Quicksearch Toolbar" and this activated (brought focus) to the embedded (in PSS) search box ...... now, a shortcut to "Library/Quicksearch" pops-up a new search box window instead ....

foo_quicksearch

Reply #6
Only one image is now allowed at a time, which should be a bitmap of width=40 (2x20 to account for mouseover processing), height=16.
Thanks you for your update/changes.
is there actually a way to have a relative path for the custom image?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #7
the shortcut pointed to "Library/Quicksearch Toolbar" and this activated (brought focus) to the embedded (in PSS) search box ...... now, a shortcut to "Library/Quicksearch" pops-up a new search box window instead ....
Well .. this functionality is actually gone. I will have a look.

is there actually a way to have a relative path for the custom image?

Not at the moment.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #8
Maybe this has been discussed before in a discussion about foo_ui_quicksearch, if so, sorry but would it be possible to add an option to display the search results not in a playlist but in a pop up windows (as in the "normal" playlist search (COMMAND: Edit/Search) but with a search toolbar always visible in my layout)

Sorry for my French,

Thanks in advance.
Decalicatan Decalicatan

foo_quicksearch

Reply #9
I am happy to release a new version of the quicksearch toolbar.
This new version has been made for foobar V1.0 and is now compatible with both DUI and CUI.
It can be downloaded here and provides with new features such as autoplaylist generation, full customization of the context menu, .... and improved performances.
Please check this page for help and additional information.

Very nice, DUI Support!

One bug I found: when autosearch is enabled (try with very fast autosearch), and I type "be" and wait a while, then the ui element loses focus which is quite annoying since I cannot continue typing.

-kerpondile

EDIT: I noticed that you fixed "ascii" problem: If searching for "Besame" it also finds "Bésame" automatically with no tricks (I used to use $ascii) needed.
EDIT2. Although, some might think this is a bug of sorts. Maybe consider putting it optional (or even better: to remove some character from regressing to ascii 'counterparts') if it's not too hard?

foo_quicksearch

Reply #10
I am having trouble with adding the item to the CUI/DUI toolbar (I can only add it to the layout)? Is this implemented? (Will it be implemented?)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #11
One bug I found: when autosearch is enabled (try with very fast autosearch), and I type "be" and wait a while, then the ui element loses focus which is quite annoying since I cannot continue typing.

Try to deactivate the "Set Focus to search results" in the preferences.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #12
I am having trouble with adding the item to the CUI/DUI toolbar (I can only add it to the layout)? Is this implemented? (Will it be implemented?)

Not for DUI but it should work for CUI in the toolbar. I will check tonight.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #13
This new version has been made for foobar V1.0 and is now compatible with both DUI and CUI.

I just tried out version 1.0. Some comments:
  • Bug: I can neither remove or rename the search results playlist anymore. It seems to be persistently protected.
  • Request: when "append search string to playlist name" is selected, add option to create always a new playlist for each new search.
  • Bonus-request: Make quicksearch for same ... work also for multi-valued tracks. Like in album list, the pseudo-syntax "%<genre>%" could be used. Desired behaviour: find all tracks that contain at least all the values that are in the currently selected track. So when activated for a track with the genres "Electronic; Soundtrack" the search should return all tracks which are at least Electronic AND Soundtrack but may also have additional values in their genre fields.
  • Wording: maybe you could rename "tagz" to "title formatting" to stay consistent with the wording in the rest of the application.

Generally: a big thank you for continuing the development of this great component. Extra thanks for the great start with a complete documentation on the wiki.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #14
@NEMO7538
report:
i notice that you have replaced your context menu "Quicksearch for same..." by "Search for same" with submenu context.
It's a very good news so we can apply any preset.
And it works like a charm with other component that need the complete expression: like panel stack splitter with this [...]"CONTEXT:Search for same/artist;"
BUT:
your dynamic context name calling by other component is still "Quicksearch for same..." (u can notice it in the tab script of a splitter config panel, under the bottom list button) or any other component with dynamical context.
and other thing is quite annoying:
for example, i used to double click a cover, in chronflow, to "Quicksearch for same.../Album" because this syntax was not with context submenu.
Now, in chronflow (maybe in other components) u still can select "Quicksearch for same..." (should be now: "Search for same") but it does nothing due to your submenu choice.
I suppose you will not do anything about this because it will suppose a step back in your logic (submenu[ing] your component). But i just wanted to report that.
Thx for reading.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #15
  • Bug: I can neither remove or rename the search results playlist anymore. It seems to be persistently protected.
Confirmed. There is a playlist lock installed for the respective playlist, but it is not possible to open the dialog for this lock with some components, which make this possible, for example foo_uie_playlist_dropdown.

i notice that you have replaced your context menu "Quicksearch for same..." by "Search for same" with submenu context.
Please, rename the menu entry back to "Quicksearch for same" as the entry "Search For Same" is already provided by foo_dbsearch.

Further a small glitch: The label for the check box "Contex Menu" should be "Context menu"

But last but not least, thanks for the update

foo_quicksearch

Reply #16
I am not able to assign a shortcut anymore to active the search box...
Under investigation

Should be fixed in the new version, please redownload.

Should be fixed as well .. please confirm.

The protection of the results playlist is by design, to avoid that the playlist is renamed and that its contents is overridden by a new search.

• Request: when "append search string to playlist name" is selected, add option to create always a new playlist for each new search.
There is a "New playlist" option on the toolbar menu to acheive what you want.

Please, rename the menu entry back to "Quicksearch for same" as the entry "Search For Same" is already provided by foo_dbsearch.
Further a small glitch: The label for the check box "Contex Menu" should be "Context menu"
Done ! I am not sure about the context menu glitch as it does not appear on my system. Can you please confirm?

BTW Version 1.1 is out, available here as usual.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #17
Confirmed, works as it should! Thank you!

The protection of the results playlist is by design, to avoid that the playlist is renamed and that its contents is overridden by a new search.
So how can this playlist be removed then? (Without removing the toolbar)

Also, I have a few suggestions:
  • Use PNG/ICO files instead of 16x40 bmp files
  • Enable pseudo-transparency
  • Clear search history from the context menu
  • To be able to customize top and bottom padding (like in playlist dropdown component)
  • Customize the font
  • I suppose it doesn't show up in the default CUI colors config dialog because it's a bit more complicated to make it compatible both with CUI and DUI?

Don't know if this is a new feature, but I love the Inline playlist search function!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #18
Love it. I've been looking for something like this for ages that supported searching custom title formatting. Thank you for your effort!

foo_quicksearch

Reply #19

Not works in DUI (in standard menu/toolbar)

foo_quicksearch

Reply #20
Hi NEMO7538, thanks for the new release!
I am not able to assign a shortcut anymore to active the search box...
Should be fixed now.

So how can this playlist be removed then? (Without removing the toolbar)
The playlist cannot be removed at the moment.

Clear search history from the context menu
An option to clear the history has been implemented (Check history in toolbar menu).

Not works in DUI (in standard menu/toolbar)
That is a limitation of the SDK that I cannot circumvent on my side.

New version (V1.2) is out.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #22
In context menu – 'Quicksearch for same'. If I search for same genre and in track properties genre tag has multiple items (Pop; Alternative Pop), searches not split genres and results has only one item „Pop, Alternative Pop”- not searching as multiple items.
Sorry, my English not so good.

foo_quicksearch

Reply #23
Thank you for this!