Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foorbar2000 apps/ artwork... (Read 2276 times) previous topic - next topic

foorbar2000 apps/ artwork...

Sorry bit new to streaming....

On foobar2000 is there any way of just having artwork cd cover and no graphic eq. and other graphics on.I dont mind the small one at top of screen-but dont want other ones showing.

Also on foobar apps whats the difference between foobar lite, pro and the other paid ones...?

and when ive ripped my cds to nas drive what software do i use to control streamer..?

the app from Qnap ,foobar, or streamers own app-or is it just up to me to use whatever i prefer...?

Reply #1
If you are paying for foobar2000, you've probably been scammed.
It's against the license to repackage modified variants of the application, only undisturbed installers may be redistributed.

Any such bundles you describe are more or less legit repackagings of the product, probably pre-assembled with assorted half-arsed skins and components.

There's only one official foobar2000, namely the one you get from foobar2000.org. There's components hosted elsewhere, outside of the official components repository. Be careful when using foreign components, as you are running arbitrary code written by heaven knows who.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #2
Thanks for info...Dont worry i did not pay for my PC edition of foobar2000! I get that like all the best things in life..its FREE!.

however, there apps you can get on moblie....are these legit and designed by the developers.

and if you pay (its only a small amount) is it worth it..?or do the free one do the job,,?

Can i take it to steer well away from these apps then!???

Reply #3
The apps you see are simple remote controllers for your PC client, not actual players themselves (that until the official foobar mobile rolls around). Last time I checked pretty much all of them were built on the same framework (foo_upnp and foo_httpcontrol) and only small differences have been added for each (minus the UI differences).

You can simply try their free versions to see which one you prefer in general (just pick those that actually have an userbase and proper reviews - generally top of the list). The differences between the paid version are usually the existence of ads and some advanced options disabled or limited.

Depending on what kind of user you are, you might find no use for those options and you might not care about the ads or have other ways to block them, making the free version able to fulfill all your needs. You might also find that those options would be handy and/or you wish to support the developer, in which case an upgrade to paid would be reasonable from basic.