Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Burning FLAC from EAC (Read 3871 times) previous topic - next topic

Burning FLAC from EAC

Hi,

i know recently case made an mpc decoder that allowed EAC to directly burn mpc's to cd's using the associated .cue sheet.

I was wondering if it is possible to do the same for FLAC and if so what and how whould one have to do to create such a version?

Is the source for the .mpc version avaliable to comapare to the standard decoder?

Cheers,

Kristian

Burning FLAC from EAC

Reply #1
It's impossible unless Andre changes EAC to allow using FLACs. There has been support for MPCs long time already, it was just using command line syntax of old Buschmann's decoder. I only modified new decoder to accept old syntax and fixed some problems with pipeing from stdin and EAC was able to use it.

Burning FLAC from EAC

Reply #2
If the command line syntax for flac files was modified to be the same as the mpc command line then, and the .exe was renamed, would it then be feasable to fool EAC that its dealing with a different format.

If the output from these decoders is simply piped then as long as the EAC is able to call the .exe and recives a valid stream, it would be none the wiser would it? 

If this is a feasable idea, i will look into it some more in the up and coming months.

On the other hand, i could try Andree to see if is adding FLAC support in the futre?

Cheers,

Kristian

Burning FLAC from EAC

Reply #3
If the command line syntax for flac files was modified to be the same as the mpc command line then, and the .exe was renamed, would it then be feasable to fool EAC that its dealing with a different format.

If the output from these decoders is simply piped then as long as the EAC is able to call the .exe and recives a valid stream, it would be none the wiser would it?  

If this is a feasable idea, i will look into it some more in the up and coming months.

Look in the FLAC source, under src/monkeys_audio_utilities.  In there are two proggies for wedging FLAC support into the Monkey's Audio GUI, similar to what you are describing (see also http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#monkey).  You can probably tweak flac_mac pretty easily to translate the MPC invocation by EAC into a call to flac.  The only piece missing is probably how to hook up the pipe to the forked flac, but you may not need that (I'm not sure how EAC works with MPC).

If you do and you send me the code I'll add it to the FLAC distribution.

Josh