Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Keeping FLAC and MP3 tags in sync (Read 2902 times) previous topic - next topic

Keeping FLAC and MP3 tags in sync

Pertains also to this, so far unanswered.

Is there a way to allow me to just update my FLAC master files' tags and automate the updating of the subsidiary MP3 files? Seems crazy to have to manually maintain both sets as if they aren't related. . .

I don't mind if this isn't 100% automated, not looking for a cron-type "watch folder tree" functionality, incremental improvements to the workflow would be most welcome.

Keeping FLAC and MP3 tags in sync

Reply #2
Have a look at JRiver: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks

Thanks.

I've also been told in the meantime that both MediaMonkey and MusicBee will treat a SUBST'd folder as a "virtual external device" that gets sync'd, with transcoding set on the fly - plan to test that the actual audio file transcoding doesn't need to take place if only the tag metadata has changed.

Also this perl script is a possibility but hasn't been updated for several years now.

Any other suggestions welcome. . .