Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools-like AccurateRip/CTDB functionality in foobar2000 (Read 2691 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools-like AccurateRip/CTDB functionality in foobar2000

Howdy.

Excuse my ignorance, but I would like to ask – is it possible to implement a CUETools-like AccurateRip/CTDB functionality to foobar2000?

So far I have only seen the file integrity verifier component, but I feel like it lacks some stuff, namely:
  • AccurateRip v2;
  • CTDB (I think that this would require a CTDB DLL or something, which may not be feasible);
  • Reporting the CRC of the whole album as well as of separate tracks (currently, it can only report the CRC of separate tracks);
  • Reporting the CRC without taking null samples in consideration would also be nice.
Again, excuse me if what I'm saying makes no sense.

Reply #1
Any chance of at least checking against CTDB being added to foo_verifier?

Reply #2
I have similar issues too... I'm quite concerned with:

1. The component is called File Integrity Verifier. Based on component description it says "Checks specified media files for decoding errors....." It does not say anything about verifying against Accuraterip database, and I ended up doing an "investigation" just to find out which component did "Verify album with Accuraterip".

2. I will have to agree with Dario that this component is lacking in Accuraterip V2 checks. It is getting more and more important as (from my understanding) the newer rips these days are sent to V2 database. So more albums are having information saved in V2 now.

Hope to see some news from Peter, cheers 

Reply #3
Any update on this? I have to check almost every album with CUETools.

Thanks.

Reply #5
There are a couple of problems with that. One that immediately comes to mind is TAK (and inherently, CUETools) is unable to handle unicode filenames/paths, so for me it wouldn't make any difference.