Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus) (Read 169972 times) previous topic - next topic

Autosave & Autobackup (foo_jesus)

Reply #125
read the first post. 

Reply #126
Is it possible to change the save location of the autobackup? I'd prefer to not be on the same harddrive just incase something happens.

Yes, it is. Put the desired path in Preferences > Advanced > Autosave & Autobackup -> Directory where to store the backup .zip files, for example D:\backup\foobar2000\autobackup

Depending on your intensity of use you could also consider to increase the "Number of backup copies to keep" and to create backups more often than just weekly. And please make sure that "Files and directories to back up" includes the folder with your playback statistics (index-data). My relevant settings are:
  • While playing, every X minutes : 60
  • When playback stops, after X minutes : 45
  • Files and directories to back up : configuration;index-data;playlists;database.dat;theme.fth
  • Directory where to store the backup .zip files : another drive than the operating system and foobar2000 are installed on
  • Number of backup copies to keep : 120
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #127
Sorry,marc. I knew it was there but it just wasn't working for some reason. Apparently it wasn't letting me copy and paste the path for some reason, so I thought it was wrong. Manually typing the path fixed it.

Reply #128
7-zip LZMA at Normal setting makes archive files two times smaller than zip, so it'd be nice to have an option to specify external archiver command line in foobar2k's advanced plugin settings.

Reply #129
uhmmm sorry if this was already answered, but how do i apply the unzipped contents to foobar?

Reply #130
You place them in the same structure they were copied from.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #131
foobar2000 v1.3 keeps playlists in "playlists-v1.3" directory while foo_jesus does not backup it.
I believe this must be fixed.

Reply #132
foobar2000 v1.3 keeps playlists in "playlists-v1.3" directory while foo_jesus does not backup it.

playlists*   

Reply #133

Yes, this must be fixed by yourself, by configuring plugin correctly. Just read the first post. As well as few posts above.

Reply #134
Hmm... Seems that something is broken in my config or I am missing something... I realized that backups aren't done. I found 2 .zip files with backups but they are very old: 21 and 30 days from now, and I have set completely different times... My config is:

Autosave while playing, every X minutes: (0 = off)
    Autosave when playback stops, after X minutes: (0 = off)
    Always, no more than X minutes since last autosave: 4320    <== 3 days
    On startup, after X minutes: (0 = off)
    Every X tracks: (0 = off)
    Files and directories to back up: cddb;configuration;dvda_metabase;index-data;musical spectrum presets;playback statistics backup;playlists;settings-prtscrns;user-components;waveform_seekbar scripts;database.dat;*.fth
    Directory where to store the backup .zip files: autobackup
    Number of backup copies to keep: 5

What am I missing? I might make changes in settings since last known backup (2014-03-10)... But that would be only adding some newly created subdirectories in foobar's profile... Any help would be much appreciated

Quick edit:
I thought that I found possible reason, but I don't. I checked those .zip files and I see that any spaces in directories names aren't problem. " musical spectrum presets " and " waveform_seekbar scripts " directories are already in those backups... So if someone might thought about this - I already verified it and it's not the reason for problems.

Reply #135
I am having the exact same problem as EpicForever, the only difference is that I have the plugin set to create a backup once every 24 hours (instead of 3 days) since last backup, i.e. "Always, no more than X minutes since last autosave: 1440" and all other settings set to off.
Like him, I noticed the backup is created randomly, sometimes with big delays (even weeks).
Please fix this!

Reply #136
EpicForever, dolgorazzo, my settings are 0 / 0 / 1440 / 0 / 0 and everything is fine.

Reply #137
EpicForever, dolgorazzo, my settings are 0 / 0 / 1440 / 0 / 0 and everything is fine.

This way you get daily backups or, if you have not used foobar for a while, it creates a backup as soon as you launch the program?
If so, what could be our problem then? It seems like our foobar does not count right!

Reply #138
dolgorazzo, I'm running f2k all day long, at east 12 hours a day. The backups are created at 11:38 am - at least the last three I have at the moment (July 2-4).

Reply #139
dolgorazzo, I'm running f2k all day long, at east 12 hours a day. The backups are created at 11:38 am - at least the last three I have at the moment (July 2-4).

I think this is the real problem, as another user suggested years ago: for the option to work, you need to run the program at least for the time interval you set, which probably means the counter starts again each time you launch the program.
Indeed, I tried to put a smaller interval (5 minutes) and it works.
I really like this component but I'd really like to see this problem fixed!

Reply #140
i'm also not seeing new backups (after i formatted my laptop, before it was just fine)
tried to reload the plugin, reset the settings etc and still no new backups. trying to find out what is the problem:/

also a suggestion:
a button or option somewhere for manually creating a backup: "create backup now" or such. or is this possible and did i overlook this?

Reply #141
This is officially the best add-on IMO. The MOST important by far. I think it should be defaulted into the program tbh. It just saved me for the 3rd time today. Power outage corrupted my stuff as it was writing. Luckly I have Jesus backup every song (20 backups) to Dropbox. Dropbox automatically deletes the oldest when there already 20. I have it set for every song to backup, but also for every 60 minutes when idle. I had been listening to a lot of music so I had about 10 backups for the previous half hour. Luckily I only needed to try one, but it saved me. When I rebooted my PC only 3 playlists were showing data...it was frightening. Thank you for this.

Reply #142
Not working for me 

Code: [Select]
Fedora 21 x64 (LXDE spin)
foobar2000 v1.3.6 -> foo_jesus v10

my settings at time of backup:

configuration;playlists;index-data;theme.fth;PlaybackStatistics.dat

I have the .zip file that I want to restore from. So I extracted to the root folder of the foobar2000 installation directory. Launched foobar2000 and I don't get anything updated.

Also can you please add a...

RESTORATION-PROCESS
=======================

...section in the original post,readme,man-page because I can't help but notice i'm missing some instructions but I can't tell what those instructions are.

Reply #143
Component auto saves, but does not auto restore.

You now have a collection of unzipped files. Whichever ones you want to use to overwrite the current files need to be copied to that files location. Most likely not the root Foobar2000 directory.

For example the playlists files are in /playlists under your foobar2000 root folder.

Reply #144
my settings at time of backup:
configuration;playlists;index-data;theme.fth;PlaybackStatistics.dat

IIRC playlists and PlaybackStatistics.dat entries are now obsolete.

My settings:
configuration;playlists*;index-data;theme.fth;database.dat

Reply #145
IIRC playlists and PlaybackStatistics.dat entries are now obsolete.

My settings:
configuration;playlists*;index-data;theme.fth;database.dat

Aww man, that explains a lot..unfortunately 

So can we have the component updated to stay relative?

Developer's post should have a section to provide configuration options/examples all at the same time adding what is obsolete in the changelog-sectioned. Otherwise, how would I know what correlates to what when adding fields in 'Files and directories to back up' and i'm also referring to the components offered via foobar2000's website.

Reply #147
I don't want to find out that this component didn't work when times are hectic so my method is using crontab to copy the foobar2000 directory as a backup folder (raw, no .archive). Mainly, because i'm using Foobar2000 under Linux via WINE.

I just want to verify if the Foobar2000 directory stores all necessary information (library, playlists, theme, etc)? Or is there another directory I should look out for?

Reply #148
If it's in portable mode, yes.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #149
Quote from: fohrums link=msg=0 date=

Foobar2000 directory stores all necessary information?

If it's in portable mode, yes.

So, where and what are these files? This is because I don't have mine installed as portable.