Reply to this topicStart new topic
foo-out-asio on XP pro, I can not get Asio to work at my XP pro PC
roycoman
post Oct 11 2012, 14:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 103656

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I have been playing music for years on an old pc using XP home, Foobar, foo-out-asio and my old Waveterminal 2496 audio cart.
Last week I bought a newer pc and installed XP pro on it, with the same software/configuration as described above.

The problem is that I can not get any sound from Foobar with ASIO 2.0 Waveterminal as sound device and foo-out-asio installed.
Also, when I play a song in Foobar, the counter does not start, and the spetrometer does not show any sign of life :-(

I double checked any configuration, and I also checked if the audio hard ware (the waveterminal) is working ok by sticking it back in the old pc.
So now I suspected the XP-pro, but I think that makes no sense after all.

The only thing I noticed is the foo-out-asio component on my old pc is 1.2.7, while on the newer one I installed the latest version. So I downloded the older version
thinking that would solve things, but it did not.

Right now I'm actually not even sure if this is foo-out-asio, foobar, XP pro or any hardware (besides the sound cart) problem.
Any idea is mooooore than welcome!!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
roycoman
post Oct 11 2012, 16:31
Post #2

After writing my first post I threw the foo-out-asio out, and selected the cart as output device and noticed there is still no playback in Foobar.
So my earlier accusement of foo-out-asio earlier is not true.

The drivers for the cart are installed and it is possible to select the cart in Foobar.
Maybe this is a more accurate description of my problem.
+Quote Post
Apesbrain
post Oct 11 2012, 18:17
Post #3

Member No.: 10915

Are you able to get output from the Waveterminal card using something other than foobar2000? E.g. Windows Media Player.
+Quote Post
roycoman
post Oct 12 2012, 10:16
Post #4

Hi apesbrain,

No I use auditon to record tapes and lp's but this program also does not playback.
Any other software on this pc does not playback either, altough the soundcard I use is the default device..
+Quote Post
roycoman
post Nov 18 2012, 22:12
Post #5

A few weeks back I tried a fresh install of XP, updated all drivers and tried to get the waveterminal to run on asio (foo out asio) in Foobar, but I still have the same problem.
I sure hope there is someone out there that knows more than I do..
Only thing I can think of is that maybe the waveterminal 2496 might be to old to be compatible with a more modern pc?

It is working fine on my 7 years old pc, but this 2 years old Lenovo sees the hardware, but does not let it play at all. sad.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 00:43