Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to eliminate GAP between tracks in iTunes (Read 4569 times) previous topic - next topic

How to eliminate GAP between tracks in iTunes

Hi,

I am ripping some classical music CDs into iTunes. Those tracks are continuing music, but iTunes seems to separate them between tracks by 1 second. How can I eliminate the gap(you would feel sudden stop, and then hear the next track) when I am playing those files in iTunes?

Thanks a lot!!

Reply #1
AAC files produced by iTunes are not gapless, so, you can't.

There is a workaround (but not perfect): you can set crossfader to 0 seconds.

Reply #2
Hi,

I am ripping some classical music CDs into iTunes. Those tracks are continuing music, but iTunes seems to separate them between tracks by 1 second. How can I eliminate the gap(you would feel sudden stop, and then hear the next track) when I am playing those files in iTunes?

Thanks a lot!!

I believe what you want to do is go under the Advanced menu when you're ripping and select "Join CD Tracks"

Regards,
-JD-

Reply #3
Hi,

Thanks a lot!!

I believe what you want to do is go under the Advanced menu when you're ripping and select "Join CD Tracks"

Regards,
-JD-

Will that join them all or just the ones that were originally that way?
"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater

Reply #4
Hi,

Thanks a lot!!

Regards,
-JD-

The whole CD comes out as one file IIRC.

Reply #5

The whole CD comes out as one file IIRC.

That would seem to introduce a much bigger problem than it "solves."
"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater

Reply #6
That would seem to introduce a much bigger problem than it "solves."

Yes, because, you don't have individual tracks then, so you can't tag them...

Reply #7
AAC files produced by iTunes are not gapless, so, you can't.

There is a workaround (but not perfect): you can set crossfader to 0 seconds.

Can I produce "GAPLESS" AAC files by other programs which can also access CDDB, and then put tracks back to iTunes?

The reason I want to use iTunes is it can manage/search some hundreds albums in a very good way. Or, should I move to other programs with good managing interface? Please suggest.

Thanks a lot for your guys' answering..