IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to make library act as playlist
floriniii
post Jun 28 2009, 17:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71039

Hy guys!
Can i make my foobar2000 library UI column to act as a playlist. For example:

To start playback of the file [.mp3] if it's double-clicked.
I my current version [foobar2000 v0.9.6.8 with no plug-ins], the file is put in a separate playlist [Library Viewer Selection], and from there I have to play it.

or

If a file is highlighted, to be next in the playback queue.

I am new at this, and any help is useful
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shakey_snake
post Jun 28 2009, 20:18
Post #2

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 37036

You can turn off the Library Selection Viewer playlist at the bottom of the Preferences->Library page

This post has been edited by shakey_snake: Jun 28 2009, 20:19

--------------------
elevatorladylevitateme
+Quote Post
floriniii
post Jun 28 2009, 23:12
Post #3

Member No.: 71039

You didn't understand me. I like the library view[the tree view if it's by folder structure...it's all my music in one place] and in my playlist i have the music I listen very often. I asked if I can play a file directly form the library, not from the playlist. Currently, I have to select the file that it's added to a playlist [Library Viewer Selection] and from there I can play it.

I know it's a noob question, but this future I found at winamp, but the sound was terrible, not to mention the memory usage.

This post has been edited by shakey_snake: Jun 28 2009, 23:29
Reason for edit: removed needless full-quote
+Quote Post
tpijag
post Jun 28 2009, 23:28
Post #4

Member No.: 53637

Foobar is a playlist based player.

I am having a hard time understanding what functionality you want.

You could try a few of the other options in your preference dialog image.
For example double click - send to - will start play immediately with Start playback when sending///etc. checked as shown in dialog image. You could then work within your library view and right click add to add tunes to be played or set the middle button action.

EDIT: For me, changing the button actions from the default here cause other impacts that bother me...so you could do all the above by just have right clicking be your friend. Right Click send to will start play. Right click ADD TO will, well, add.

terry

This post has been edited by tpijag: Jun 28 2009, 23:33
+Quote Post
shakey_snake
post Jun 28 2009, 23:40
Post #5

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 37036

QUOTE (floriniii @ Jun 28 2009, 18:12) *
You didn't understand me. I like the library view[the tree view if it's by folder structure...it's all my music in one place] and in my playlist i have the music I listen very often. I asked if I can play a file directly form the library, not from the playlist. Currently, I have to select the file that it's added to a playlist [Library Viewer Selection] and from there I can play it.
Ahh.. no.

foobar2000's library is for generating and compiling playlists, not for "playing from". This is considered a feature. There are several threads around the forum about this very topic; you're more than welcome to read them, but fb2k's behavior isn't changing any time soon.

QUOTE (floriniii @ Jun 28 2009, 18:12) *
I know it's a noob question, but this future I found at winamp, but the sound was terrible, not to mention the memory usage.
rolleyes.gif Please re-read our Terms of Service particularly playing close attention to #8 before making such claims.

This post has been edited by shakey_snake: Jun 29 2009, 03:03
Reason for edit: homophones

--------------------
elevatorladylevitateme
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 13:34