Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Importing song ratings and playback statistics from iTunes to foobar
ashishs
post Aug 4 2014, 18:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 116845

I recently switched from iTunes to foobar2000, and found the sound quality a bit better. But all my ratings were left in iTunes, so I tried hard to find a way on the internet, but couldn't.
So, here's the way I could finally do it:

Note: This method writes the ratings, play counts and skip counts imported from iTunes to file tags.
YOU MUST HAVE PYTHON(v3.something)(download here), AND FOOBAR'S MASSTAGER COMPONENT(download from here) INSTALLED.

(If you want to know how to view ratings in foobar, see here. )

1. Open iTunes, and go to File > Library > Export Library..., and select the destination folder to save 'Library.xml'.

2. Open foobar2000, and make a temporary playlist in foobar, which contains every song existing in your library (or only the ones for which you want to import ratings from iTunes).

3. Select all of them (by selecting anyone, and pressing Ctrl+A), and press Ctrl+C. The idea is to copy all the names of the songs in the right order. Then make a .txt file somewhere, and paste this there. Name the file 'foo_playlist.txt'. Save the file where you saved 'Library.xml' in the above step.
REMEMBER NOT TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF THIS PLAYLIST, TILL YOU'VE COMPLETED ALL THE STEPS.

4. Now download the python script from here to where you saved the above two files.

5. Run the script by double clicking on it.

6. Its gonna make a file 'ratings.txt'. Open it, and select all of its contents (Ctrl+A).

7. Now go back to foobar2000, and select all the songs of the temporary playlist, open Context Menu by right clicking in the selected region. In the Context Menu, go to Tagging > Manage Scripts.

8. In Actions to Perform, click Add button, and select Input data (one line per track)... . Use Scheme as %rating%. %playcount%. %skipcount%, and in Input data, paste what you copied from 'ratings.txt'. Click OK. Select Run.
And its done! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 12:33