Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: can you unprotect an mp3 file? (Read 7700 times) previous topic - next topic

can you unprotect an mp3 file?

i bought the converter drive for my new phone i bought a samsung a920 wjich as an mp3 player built in it and when i try to drag a song in its folder it says the file is write protected..remove the write protection or use another disk...so how do you remove to write protection...im kinda new to all this lol...any help i'd greatly appreciate

Reply #1
can anyone help me out at all...any thoughts would help alot im just getting aggraveted with this thing lol

Reply #3
Dude.. First of all, people, especially at midnight, don't answer messages quickly, and ESPECIALLY NOT in 45 minutes.  It can take up to a week to get a proper answer
Second, it would be appreciated by any community that you actually use a websearch to look at how you can do things yourself... I don't even know how you found hydrogenaudio, but it has NOTHING to do with your problem.

Now, coming to your problem.  First things first : did you read the manual for your phone and for the "converter drive" ?  Go read them.  See the "troubleshooting" 1-800 numbers?  Call there.  They'll be able to help you much more easily than we can.
Also, you probably need special software from samsung to transfer files to the phone -- that might be why it won't let you write to it.

As an answer to the question you _actually_ asked, it's straightforward (borderline stupid) : right click on the said folder, select properties;  then, uncheck the "read-only" checkbox (in general properties)

Reply #4
can anyone help me out at all...any thoughts would help alot im just getting aggraveted with this thing lol

@ overpoweredpony:
Your question deals with using Windows. Shade[ST] has kindly explained it in the previous post but in case you did not get it, here are the steps:
1. Select all the files or the complete folder in which the files are located.
2. Right click and select Properties
3. uncheck the Read-only checkbox in General Properties for the said files or folder.
4. Voila! You should be able to transfer them now.

I daresay, a simple Google search would have cleared this for you much quicker than creating a post here. If you have any genuine questions regarding problems with audio or compression, you are welcome here. Again, do some searching before posting blindly. You might be surprised how many people might have asked the same question and the answer may already have been posted earlier.

audiomars
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras