Reply to this topicStart new topic
Help with all2lame / windows cmd generally
Lawp
post Jul 30 2012, 11:31
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101878

Hey,
I just got all2lame as well as flac, tag, and lame and have also set the locations.
However, when I try to encode I don't get any output files. The cmd processing box appears and runs away just as quickly so I can't actually have a look at what it's doing
in detail.

So my first question is how do I stop this cmd box from disappearing? Or force it to log into a .txt file.
The second is how do I encode flac files to mp3? (I don't care about tags and names at this point)
I'm rusty on all the different kinds of files, lossless and lossy, vbr cbr v0 etc. I just used a switch I found googling:
-V 0 -vbr-new -add-id3v2 -ignore-tag-errors

(my mp3 player supports cbr/vbr and up to 320 bitrate as mp3)

Yeah it's my first post and probably a noobish question, but I checked the search function and google and since all I see is "it simply doesn't work" I need to ask for support.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jul 30 2012, 12:04
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (Lawp @ Jul 30 2012, 11:31) *
So my first question is how do I stop this cmd box from disappearing?
You could try lame blahblahblah && pause.

Or force it to log into a .txt file.
lame blahblahblah > log.txt

I just used a switch I found googling:
-V 0 -vbr-new -add-id3v2 -ignore-tag-errors
And therein lies the problem, quite possibly.

You need two hyphens before “vbr-new” and all other commands whose names are more than one character long.

Moreover, there’s not much point telling it to --add-id3v2 without specifying any ID3v2 fields to add… (If you were having tag.exe or something else add the tag[s], then you should remove LAME’s own tagging routines from the equation.)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 19:17