Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sony CD Walkman (Read 4285 times) previous topic - next topic

Sony CD Walkman

Every time I stop the CD and press play again, it starts where I left off. How can I get it to start at the beginning every time? It doesn't seem like there is any way to shut the bookmark mode off completely.

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #1
After you stop it, try pressing stop again -- without doing anything else in between the two stops.

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #2
I just open the disc door and close it again.

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #3
Hitting stop twice didn't do anything - even taking the disc out and putting it back in doesn't do it! You have to switch to another disc to wipe out the memory and then it will start from the beginning - this is a real annoyance!

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #4
How about taking the battery out for a moment?

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #5
I finally figured out what the problem was - in the manual it says, "To play from the first track, hold PLAY until CD playback starts..."

So the first time you put a CD in, it plays from the start and then it ALWAYS plays from where you left off until you change CDs (unless you hold down play which takes about 5-6 seconds). There is a "bookmark mode" that allows you to program your own bookmarks, but apparently this feature, where it always plays from where you left off, is a default setting which cannot be disabled. Somebody must have thought this was a convenient feature but I don't see it!

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #6
Somebody must have thought this was a convenient feature but I don't see it!

Well, look at older PCDPs that don't have resume function. Why would you want to listen to your CDs from the beginning everytime you turn it on, even though you were half-way done on the last playback? Even cassette players have resume function built-in!
twitter.com/pika2000

Sony CD Walkman

Reply #7

Somebody must have thought this was a convenient feature but I don't see it!

Well, look at older PCDPs that don't have resume function. Why would you want to listen to your CDs from the beginning everytime you turn it on, even though you were half-way done on the last playback? Even cassette players have resume function built-in!

I think it's an old mentality - I'm just not used to it. I guess after a while it will grow on me as a useful function.