Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Public MP3 Listening Test @ 128 kbps - CLOSED (Read 160162 times) previous topic - next topic

Public MP3 Listening Test @ 128 kbps - CLOSED

Reply #175
isn't it "technically" wrong to call "128 kbps test" when the encoders are basically using VBR? Because for sure there will be higher bitrates than 128.

... and lower. The overall average bitrate of the now tested encoders & settings was 127.8 kbps in my bitrate tests.

Did you read the pretest thread at all? I posted the test results several times, for instance:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=593735

Reply #176
ok so let's get to the RESULTS!

Reply #177
OK, the test is over. Please do NOT submit any more results as they won't be processed. I am starting to sort files and should have the overall graph ready in a few hours. The results page with the results per sample should be ready in the next days.

Reply #178
Topic title edited 

Reply #179
OK, first step done. I managed to save all attachments from your mails, decrypted them and sorted them accordingly. I am very happy to tell you that all samples have more than 20 results. Actually, we have an average of over 27 results per sample with sample 1 being the most tested one with a total of 39 results!

Therefore, I would really like to thank everyone a lot for participating and spreading the news! 

Now getting to the analytical part.

Reply #180
I am very happy to tell you that all samples have more than 20 results. Actually, we have an average of over 27 results per sample with sample 1 being the most tested one with a total of 39 results!
Very good news indeed!

Now getting to the analytical part.
Good luck with that