Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Auto Flac / EAC rejects the path to flac.exe (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

Auto Flac / EAC rejects the path to flac.exe

Having just set all the options in EAC, the first rip attempted experienced an error on every track While I was not able to capture the list containing each error, it was replaced at the end by a single summary, and that appears below. The reason given is that it could not execute the flac module using the path given. I tried it twice, once using the downloaded flac.exe; the other time using the flac.exe that came with EAC. Each time, I inspected the path within the two windows: flac and mataflac, and each time it was correct.  Unfortunately I could not locate any metaflac within EAC so I was limited to the one downloaded. Below is the text of the captured error window. (Is there a way to include that .jpg here by copy/paste?) What is mysterious is that the paths were entered by use of the 'browse' function and navigating to the wanted items in order to prevent error. This leads me to suspect that, although there is an error, it is not the one stated.

Text within the error window, title Autolt Error:

.                    Line 0 (File "C:Program Files (x86)Exact Audio CopyAutoFLAC.exe"):

.                    $pid = run(" & $metaflac & " --add-replay-gain ' & $list, $ripdir, @SW_HIDE)

.                    Error: Unable to execute the external program.

.                    The directory name is invalid

Thanks for any and all help.

Additional info: before any track errors, it detects pre-track gaps for each track to be ripped. The errors occur when it starts the ripping process proper.

Auto Flac / EAC rejects the path to flac.exe

Reply #2
Coexistence between 32 and 64 bit programs is always a bit of a PITA.
Assuming that the backslashes were present int the path (and only miss in
the error message), you could try to use "C:\Program Files" instead of
"C:\Program Files (x86)"

%ProgramFiles(x86)% should work too.